Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Alex Perseval

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Alex Perseval

  1. Okay thank you. Criticism is good
  2. In terms of the colour, there was a lot of discussion about this and we couldn't decide what looked best so we used logo as the background and thought the blue looked nice on the sidebar but that's down to opinion. Any ideas what colours could be used? and with the "<p> </p>" - I don't want to keep using the excuse of it being my first site and me being a newbie obviously I need to learn what to use and not what to use. That's used in the sidebar as I needed space in between the contact information and the testimonials but couldn't figure out how else to do it. I will definitely clean up the coding as much as I can.
  3. As some of you may know I haven't been into web developing very long. I started learning the ways of HTML/CSS, etc around about 4 or 5 weeks ago. It didn't take me that long to build my site as I was on and off with it because of my main working job and my social life, etc. But this has been created for my family company as we never originally had a website to begin with. http://www.lotusdp.co.uk/index.html But I would love criticism towards my site and ways to improve it. Also I have read somewhere that the better my site is laid out, the higher ranked it will be on Google? I don't quite understand why but is it true? Go ahead guys! Alex Perseval. EDIT: By the way, it looks better on a larger computer screen because the background image is huge which I adjusted to fit my 27" screen. I may have to fix it onto any resolution if that makes sense I just don't know how lol.
  4. Hello David, I think we have met Enjoy your posting!
  5. this is true! knowledge is power! hoorah.... thanks for the help buddy
  6. thanksssssssssssssss! told you im a newbie
  7. you're such a wind up haha
  8. Well my website will soon be affiliated with another (much larger) company with a link to my site from theres. So that'd be a backlink?
  9. what paper do you read then panda?
  10. http://vimeo.com/moogaloop.swf?clip_id=22984504&server=vimeo.com&show_title=0&show_byline=0&show_portrait=0&color=00adef&fullscreen=1&autoplay=1&loop=0 Definitely did not expect that haha.
  11. I have only submitted it to google. Are the other two Yahoo and Jeeves? What do you mean by back links? Are they links on the page that don't include index.html? If so then I have 4 backlinks. My site doesn't have an amazing layout or anything as it is my first site so maybe that doesn't help.
  12. Well since yesterday it has updated and my site now appears on page 3. But thats only when you type in the company name. When you're less specific it is no where to be found. :/ I'll keep trying with the meta tags but I have heard they don't work very well. But thank you Lewi
  13. bump - won't be back online tonight so would like some answers when I get back online tomorrow thanks guys
  14. I am new to web design but from what I have heard I would recommend; java, jQuery and learn the fundamentals of XHTML. I wish you good luck and welcome.
  15. She can't get away with anything. It's her own fault and you have done your job correctly therefore if legal action does occur, you'll be fine.
  16. Well done Ben, definitely an inspiring read.
  17. Managed to sort this out now guys, finally got a chance to look at it today and got my website online woop. Anyone have any idea about SEO? I'm sure you all do as you're all genuis's (notice i'm licking all your arses to get help ) Basically I just want to appear on google when you type certain keywords in, nothing too complicated. I have registered my site with google but nothing seems to have worked. GoogleBot says there are no errors with my site which is good I guess :L Still nothing on google though. :/ Any information would be great p.s yes I have used meta tags in my index page
  18. TO ALL THOSE TEMPLATE USERS OUT THERE, TRYING TO IMPERSONATE OTHER PEOPLES WORK AS THEIR OWN... ROOTHOST IS OUT TO GET YOU!!
  19. hahahahaha why do people try and pass on other peoples sites as their own? they're always gonna get found out...
  20. yeah man well done looks a lot better now, nice site.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.