Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

keywolf

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by keywolf

  1. Oh thanks, it was the display. In the css i added a display:block to the #opt which is where the images are located. Thanks!
  2. I'm sure you could just check out the source but here you go: http://www.alternativestuff.co.uk/scouts/index.html http://www.alternativestuff.co.uk/scouts/style.css
  3. yeh, i knew there was something i forgot, will that also sort out the positioning of the images aswell? I added the doctype and it messes up the images in FF aswell now, but i think it fixes the layout problem. How do i change the images, do i have to mess with the margins or padding or is it something im missing?
  4. I started creating a website for one of my friends scout groups recently, however i ran into a problem when i viewed the site in IE rather than FF, and I realised the people viewing the site would be normal people so they would mainly use IE. link The problems in IE6 is that the images are spaced out (check out css and html) In IE 7, the images are spaced out and the layout just dies, all help would be greatly apreciated. thanks. edit: Don't moan about the JS, i will put it in an external file later.
  5. The site has potential, however it has alot of flaws and nothing is very appealing. You could do with creating a new header/logo, it does not really potray anything and is very boring! The background seems to stop which is not a good thing, try making the3 background colour the same as the one at the bottom of your gradient image. The use of fonts are not that appealing either with arial in some places, then fonts that dont fit in others, plus whats with the big blue link in the right corner, not nice! And don't even get me started on the tables, just read what was said above !!
  6. Its a good start for the web design, altough there are somethings that instantly put me off. 1) The combination of the bevel and the fuzz looks a bit archaic and puts me off what im meant to be looking at. 2) There is a massive gap before the text on each page.. should at least be quatered. 3) The text in the navigation bar is way too big and distracts me from what im trying to read. 4) You might need to try some different shades of green for the subtitles so they are distinguished from the content. 5) Finally the logo just generally puts me off.. dont like it too much. Regards, Luke
  7. It seems Elite found exactly what you described, good luck josoap.
  8. Agreeing with Wizely, you really need to sort the code. It a real mess, Just check out the links on the web portfolio page, half are taking you to the wrong place... and I think one takes you to Google even though another link in same section takes you to that site. Try looking at the code rather than through Dreamweaver which is what it seems you have been doing. However, I like the design very much, well done on that front
  9. Oh rite, thanks Dizi Hope it works when i get the chance to add it.
  10. I change to code to the one in the tutorial someone gave above but it still did not validate, what is the correct code you are meant to use to embed swf objects?
  11. Yeh sorry about that i noticed it after I had posted it. And im going through the code now to see if i can fix it.. cheers.
  12. Doing that to the contacts page gets rid of the php so there will be no verification, like if you dont enter something in a field or have an incorrect email address.. i want it to verify !!
  13. I have been web designing for 2 years and do know all of that, all of those are closed and everything I have noticed works fine :S Although there maybe some in the contact.php page as I took the script from a tutorial, but the index is perfectly marked up, just look at the script.
  14. oh rite ... now try and validate http://www.alternativestuff.co.uk/cakes/contact.php .. now there is a challenge. I looked at the code and all the quotation marks are fine, all there and everything.. still not validating.
  15. Hi, I've been working on a site for something to do and I have come up with a problem, http://www.alternativestuff.co.uk/cakes/index.html does not validate, I do not know why and i cant think of a way of fixing it, can someone please tell me how it is done?
  16. Its a really great website and I don't think I can say anything to fault it. But i did find a typo error: "here's a lot of graphic designers out there that really insire me to do what I do" On the about page, I'm guessing it should be inspire??
  17. yeh I need to add something to the header .. make it look something, but i'm not sure what yet and as you said does look a bit plain
  18. I posted my site up about a week ago, showing what I had created. But after having time to spare, I totally re-designed the site to try and look more professional and slightly less childish. link: alternative stuff I personally prefer this site, but what do you think of it and what needs improving?
  19. Hey there. I think you need to work on the copy and the type for a while, doesn't seem that impressive. You also need the Dark Notes bit in the header Rather than on the page because the header looks a bit empty with the trees and swirls which are a bit pixelated. It also seems rather empty.
  20. What would constitute as a subtle header.. any ideas?
  21. yeh I know about that aswell... did a bit of recoding last night as I had too much spare time and changed the page a bit, which is better #1 or #2 I'm not sure which one I prefer now.
  22. Oh true, I might rethink that page, that is why it is not up yet. Edit: I have changed the copy to evade the fact that i'm 16
  23. Thanks for all the comments guys.. any more?
  24. 1. The font is only for the headers and its obvious what it says. 2. The pictures that i put up there to see if it works are from france.. the Pyranees, took them on an 9 hour day walk :S
  25. Thanks for that, I'l make those changes and rethink my copy. And as i'm no pro at php do you know of any easy to use free image thubnail / gallery scripts?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.