Everything posted by apollo-articles
-
Have I over done it?
apollo-articles replied to apollo-articles's topic in SEO (Search Engine Optimisation) & Search EnginesThanks Jason, to begin with I am trying to rank for "power 4 home review" (through http://www.naturalenergydirectory.com/power-4-home-review) and "Green Eco Club Review" (through http://www.naturalenergydirectory.com/green-eco-club-review). As well as the forum links, I've done some answering through Yahoo answers, published the articles on Ezinearticles, answered some questions on answerbag (though not sure these were for those keywords) and written some comments on high PR blogs. Many thanks, Sam
-
Have I over done it?
Hi guys, I started a website around three weeks ago, and in my naivety, purchased a load of forum profile links, much to say I am worried my site might now be "black listed" by Google, since I can't seem to rank higher than the 4th page, despite having pretty good on-page SEO and after building backlinks elsewhere. My site is: Natural Energy Directory i'm not really worried about ranking for the home page, more the review pages. Despite all this the websites unique visits potential is quite low, but since my aim was to capture visitors right before they buy, I figured I could quite high conversions. Please advise, do you think I have been penalized? What can I do to get out? Is there any point in just waiting? Sam
-
Swap Right Sidebar to A Left Sidebar
Hey Everyone, I am currently creating a website in Wordpress, and have created a "simple sidebar plugin" the only problem is the sidebar is showing up on the right side of the page with the conent to the left of the sidebar. What I want is the sidebar to show on the left side (still inside the white box) and have the content showing to the right of the sidebar. Can anyone help me? The website can be seen at: Hire Jumping Castles Clare Also if anyone knows a quick workaround, do you know how to remove the title shadow? Thanks everyone, hope you all have a great weekend. Sam
-
How Can I Remove An Auto Image Border?
Thanks, I tried changing the border class on the image to 0 and nothing changed, I think this was because the image border was already 0 but it was being classed elsewhere. I will try and remove all borders. Sam
-
How Can I Remove An Auto Image Border?
Hi Everyone, I am using wordpress theme "Le Mag", and my images are automatically being surrounded by a thin green border, however certain images I don't want to be surrounded by the border, is there anyway I can create a sort of class for the image in my stylesheet and surround the image by that class in the individual page? Please note: 1) I need to remove the border of one image only 2) I am using Wordpress 3) I am a uber newb, so you'll need to write the code and tell me where to insert it. 4) If its not possible to remove the border of one image, I'll happily remove them from all images Thanks everyone, Sam
-
CSS tag to stop an image continuing!
Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have some more questions I hope you don't mind answering. So I do need to add the html snippet in my pagetemplate.php? (I am using wordpress) or another page?. Whereabouts in my stylesheet do I need to add the css code? And what do I need to delete in my stylesheet to get it to work? Many thanks in advance, Sam
-
CSS tag to stop an image continuing!
Hi Everyone, I want my sidebar image to reach the bottom of my page and stay there! I set my css up so it repeats to the bottom of my longest page, the problem is that where I have other shorter pages the image continues on! My Stylesheet currently reads: /* Theme Name: WP-Andreas01 Theme URI: http://andreasviklund.com/wordpress-themes/ Description: Based on the <a href="http://andreasviklund.com/templates/andreas01/">andreas01 free website template</a>, this WordPress theme version provides a simple, stylish and useful design that is easy to customize for your needs. Updated to work with WordPress 3.0+. Please report errors to the theme designer. Version: 3.0 beta Author: Andreas Viklund Author URI: http://andreasviklund.com/ */ /* Body */ * {margin:0; padding:0;} body {background:#f4f4f4 url(img/bg2.gif) top center repeat-y; color:#303030; font:76% Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;} #wrap {background-color:#fff; color:#333; margin:0 auto; width:968px; padding:0px 10px;} /* Links */ a {color:#4088b8; font-weight:bold;} a:hover {color: #000000;} a img {border:0;} /* Header */ #header {margin:10px 0 0;} #header h3 {background-color:inherit; color:#555; float:left; font-size:1.9em; letter-spacing:-1px; margin:0 0 10px; width: 460px;} #header h3 a {background-color:inherit; color:#555; text-decoration:none;} #header p {background-color:inherit; color:#777; float:right; font-size:1.0em; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.2em; margin:6px 0 0; text-align: right; width:410px;} #frontphoto {margin:0 0 10px;} /* Sidebars */ #leftside{ float: left; background-image: url("img/side-bar2.jpg"); padding: 10px; padding-bottom: 1200px; width: 18%; margin-bottom: -1200px;} #extras {float:right; line-height:1.4em; margin:0 0 5px; padding:0; width:170px;} #leftside p, #leftside ul, #leftside div.textwidget, #extras p, #extras ul, #extras div.textwidget {font-size:1.1em; margin:0 0 18px;} #leftside li, #extras li {line-height:2em; list-style:none; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside ul ul, #extras ul ul {margin:6px 0 0 10px;} #leftside ul ul li, #extras ul ul li {margin:0 0 4px;} #leftside ul ul li a, #extras ul ul li a {font-weight:normal;} #leftside ul.linklist, #extras ul.linklist {font-size:1.1em;} #leftside ul.linklist ul, #extras ul.linklist ul {margin:0 0 20px;} #leftside ul.linklist ul li a, #extras ul.linklist ul li a {font-weight:bold;} #leftside h2, #leftside ul.linklist li h2, #leftside h3, #extras h2, #extras ul.linklist li h2, #extras h3, table#wp-calendar caption {background-color:inherit; color:#505050; font-size:1.3em; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside label, #extras label {display:none;} /* Main menu */ div.menu ul {list-style:none; margin:0 0 20px; width:190px; padding:0;} div.menu ul li {display:inline; line-height:1.4em; width:190px; margin:0; padding:0;} div.menu ul li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#505050; float:left; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding:5px 1px 5px 5px; text-decoration:none; width:180px;} div.menu ul li a:hover, div.menu li.current_page_item a {background-color:#eaeaea; border-left:4px solid #286ea0; color:#505050;} div.menu li.current_page_item ul li a {border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#505050;} div.menu ul li ul {font-size:0.9em; margin:0 0 0 15px; padding:0 0 5px; width:170px;} div.menu ul li ul li a {padding:4px 1px 4px 5px; width:170px;} div.menu ul li ul li ul li {width:160px;} div.menu ul li ul li ul li a {width:160px;} /* Content */ #content {line-height:1.6em; margin:0 205px 5px; padding:0;} #contentwide {line-height:1.6em; margin:0 0 5px 200px; padding:0;} #content h2,#contentwide h2 {font-size:1.6em; margin:0 0 10px;} #content h3,#contentwide h3 {font-size:1.4em; margin:0 0 8px;} /*#content img,#contentwide img {border:1px solid #d0d0d0; float:left; margin:3px 10px 3px 0;}*/ #content ul,#contentwide ul,#content ol,#contentwide ol {margin:0 0 16px 20px;} #content li,#contentwide li {padding:0 0 0 5px;} #content ul ul,#contentwide ul ul,#content ol ol,#contentwide ol ol {margin:0 0 0 16px;} /* Footer */ #footer {border-top:2px solid #e0e0e0; font-size:0.9em; clear:both; color:#777; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.7em; margin:0 auto; padding:10px 0; text-align:center; width:950px;} #footer p {margin:0; padding:0;} #footer a {color:#777; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none;border-bottom:0; } #footer a:hover {color:#555; text-decoration:underline;border-bottom:0;} #footer strong a {font-weight:bold;} #footer span.credits {font-size:1.1em;} /* Subpage menu */ #subpages {border-bottom:1px solid #e0e0e0; border-left:1px solid #e0e0e0; border-bottom:0; float:right; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.3em; margin:-5px 0 8px 15px; padding:0 0 10px 10px; width:190px;} #subpages h2 {font-size:1.2em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; line-height:1.3em; margin:0 0 12px;} #subpages ul.submenu {line-height:1.4em; list-style:none; margin:0;} #subpages ul.submenu li {display:inline; line-height:1.4em; width:180px; padding:0;} #subpages ul.submenu li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; border-bottom:0; color:#505050; float:left; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding:3px 1px 3px 5px; text-decoration:none; width:180px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:170px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul li a {width:170px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:160px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul li a {width:160px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:150px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul ul li a {width:150px;} #subpages ul.submenu li a:hover,#subpages ul.submenu li.current_page_item a {background-color:#eaeaea; border-left:4px solid #286ea0; color:#555;} #subpages ul.submenu li.current_page_item ul li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#555;} /* Tags */ p,ul,ol {margin:0 0 18px;} blockquote {border-left:4px solid #e0e0e0; margin:20px; padding:8px 8px 8px 15px;} blockquote p {background-color:inherit; color:#505050; font-size:0.9em; line-height:1.3em;} label {background-color:inherit; color:#606060; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold;} table#wp-calendar {margin:0 0 20px; width:190px;} code {font-size:1.2em; display:block; padding:5px 5px 5px 8px; background-color:#f4f4f4; margin:5px 0 15px 0;border-left:4px solid #cccccc;} /* Forms */ #s,#submit {background-color:#ffffff; border:1px solid #cccccc; color:#505050; font-size:0.9em; margin:0 0 16px; padding:4px; width:180px;} #author,#email,#url,#comment {border:1px solid #cccccc; font-family:Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif; font-size:1em; margin:0; padding:4px;} #commentsection {margin:25px 0 0;} #commentsection p {margin:0 0 6px;} /* Float fix */ .contenttext {overflow:hidden;} * html .contenttext {height:1px; overflow:visible;} * html .contenttext p {overflow:hidden; width:99%;} /* WP image align classes */ .alignleft {float:left;} .alignright {float:right;} img.alignleft {margin:0 20px 20px 0;} img.alignright {margin:0 0 20px 20px;} img.aligncenter,.aligncenter {float:none; display:block; margin:0 auto;} img.alignnone,.alignnone {float:none; margin:0;} /* Various classes */ .left {border:1px solid #cccccc; float:left; margin:10px 15px 10px 0;} .right {border:1px solid #cccccc; float:right; margin:10px 0 5px 10px;} .center {border:1px solid #aaaaaa; margin:5px auto 12px; text-align:center;} .textright {text-align:right;} .small {font-size:0.8em;} .bold {font-weight:bold;} .hide {display:none;} .post {margin:0 0 25px;} .postinfo {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#606060; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.5em; margin:1px 0 30px; padding:8px 5px 8px 8px;} .comment {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#606060; margin:0 0 10px; padding:8px 5px 0 8px;} .comment p {font-size:0.9em; line-height:1.3em; margin:0 0 6px; padding-bottom:5px;} .gravatarside {float:right; width:48px; height:48px; margin:0 5px 5px 5px;} .navigation {display:block; margin:10px 0 20px 0; padding:0; text-align:center;} .navigation p {margin:0; padding:0;} .prevlink {margin-right:20px;} .nextlink {margin-left:20px;} #contentwide .post h1 { font-size:16px; <!-- change this to your ideal size --> } I posted a similar topic a while back, but never quite got the answer. I have heard a wrapper div could help me but I don't seem to have a wrapper and I don't know what one is! If anyone could give me a snippet of code that would solve the problem i'd love it! You can visit the html site at: Natural Energy Directory Many thanks! Sam
-
Repeating sidebar image
Hi Kingy da killa, Yes, your correct its the green box, how would I give my wrapper a bg image, please remember I am a newb! Thanks, Sam
-
Changing page title size (Wordpress)
Thanks everyone! I worked it out! Simply added an <br> below the line "<h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1>" in my page template Thanks and yipee! Now just to get that sidebar image to repeat¬! Sam
-
Repeating sidebar image
Great, your right. Heres my site: best drum set Many thanks in advance, Sam
-
Changing page title size (Wordpress)
Thanks HenBast, I tried changing my pagetemplate to: <?php get_header(); ?> <div id="contentwide"> <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php /* list_subpages_andreas01(); */ ?> <div class="post"> <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1> <margin-bottom: 14px;> <div class="contenttext" <?php the_content('<p class="serif">Read more »</p>'); ?> </div> <?php link_pages('<p><strong>Pages:</strong> ', '</p>', 'number'); ?> <?php edit_post_link('[e]','<p>','</p>'); ?> <?php comments_template(); ?> <?php endwhile; endif; ?> </div> </div> <?php get_footer(); ?> You can see the margin-bottom right below the title section, but this didn't work, could you tell me what I'm missing? Thanks, Sam
-
Repeating sidebar image
Replied to this earlier, but it didn't seem to send. Just realized this was because of the links in the code. Thanks for all your responses, Spitfire I am using an image since I thought I could repeat this to match the differening lengths, where with a colour I couldn't. My idea was to make the length really long, and then create a wrapper to stop it from going on forever however this didn't work. I'm not really too sure what I am doing, so this doesn't help me much! I tried the following CSS which got me the background image repeated but it went on too long, (so I changed it back where the image is too short since this looks better which I way I can't post a live link). My best efforts of the code currently looks like: You can see my code below: /* Theme Name: WP-Andreas01 Theme URI: removed due to webdesignerforum Description: Based on the <a href=" removed due to webdesignerforum">andreas01 free website template</a>, this WordPress theme version provides a simple, stylish and useful design that is easy to customize for your needs. Updated to work with WordPress 3.0+. Please report errors to the theme designer. Version: 3.0 beta Author: Andreas Viklund Author URI: removed due to webdesignerforum */ /* Body */ * {margin:0; padding:0;} body {background:#f4f4f4 url(img/bg2.gif) top center repeat-y; color:#303030; font:76% Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,sans-serif;} #wrap {background-color:#fff; color:#333; margin:0 auto; width:950px; padding:0px 10px;} /* Links */ a {color:#4088b8; font-weight:bold;} a:hover {color: #000000;} a img {border:0;} /* Header */ #header {margin:10px 0 0;} #header h1 {background-color:inherit; color:#555; float:left; font-size:2em; letter-spacing:-1px; margin:0 0 10px; width: 460px;} #header h1 a {background-color:inherit; color:#555; text-decoration:none;} #header p {background-color:inherit; color:#777; float:right; font-size:1.1em; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.3em; margin:6px 0 0; text-align: right; width:410px;} #frontphoto {margin:0 0 10px;} /* Wrapper */ #{overflow: hidden;} /* Sidebars */ #leftside{ float: left; background-image: url("img/side-bar.jpg"); padding: 10px; padding-bottom: 50000px; width: 18%; margin-bottom: -50000px;} #extras {float:right; line-height:1.4em; margin:0 0 5px; padding:0; width:190px;} #leftside p, #leftside ul, #leftside div.textwidget, #extras p, #extras ul, #extras div.textwidget {font-size:1.1em; margin:0 0 18px;} #leftside li, #extras li {line-height:2em; list-style:none; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside ul ul, #extras ul ul {margin:6px 0 0 10px;} #leftside ul ul li, #extras ul ul li {margin:0 0 4px;} #leftside ul ul li a, #extras ul ul li a {font-weight:normal;} #leftside ul.linklist, #extras ul.linklist {font-size:1.1em;} #leftside ul.linklist ul, #extras ul.linklist ul {margin:0 0 20px;} #leftside ul.linklist ul li a, #extras ul.linklist ul li a {font-weight:bold;} #leftside h2, #leftside ul.linklist li h2, #leftside h3, #extras h2, #extras ul.linklist li h2, #extras h3, table#wp-calendar caption {background-color:inherit; color:#505050; font-size:1.3em; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside label, #extras label {display:none;} /* Main menu */ div.menu ul {list-style:none; margin:0 0 20px; width:190px; padding:0;} div.menu ul li {display:inline; line-height:1.4em; width:190px; margin:0; padding:0;} div.menu ul li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#505050; float:left; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding:5px 1px 5px 5px; text-decoration:none; width:180px;} div.menu ul li a:hover, div.menu li.current_page_item a {background-color:#eaeaea; border-left:4px solid #286ea0; color:#505050;} div.menu li.current_page_item ul li a {border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#505050;} div.menu ul li ul {font-size:0.9em; margin:0 0 0 15px; padding:0 0 5px; width:170px;} div.menu ul li ul li a {padding:4px 1px 4px 5px; width:170px;} div.menu ul li ul li ul li {width:160px;} div.menu ul li ul li ul li a {width:160px;} /* Content */ #content {line-height:1.6em; margin:0 205px 5px; padding:0;} #contentwide {line-height:1.6em; margin:0 0 5px 200px; padding:0;} #content h2,#contentwide h2 {font-size:1.6em; margin:0 0 10px;} #content h3,#contentwide h3 {font-size:1.4em; margin:0 0 8px;} /*#content img,#contentwide img {border:1px solid #d0d0d0; float:left; margin:3px 10px 3px 0;}*/ #content ul,#contentwide ul,#content ol,#contentwide ol {margin:0 0 16px 20px;} #content li,#contentwide li {padding:0 0 0 5px;} #content ul ul,#contentwide ul ul,#content ol ol,#contentwide ol ol {margin:0 0 0 16px;} /* Footer */ #footer {border-top:2px solid #e0e0e0; font-size:0.9em; clear:both; color:#777; font-weight:normal; line-height:1.7em; margin:0 auto; padding:10px 0; text-align:center; width:950px;} #footer p {margin:0; padding:0;} #footer a {color:#777; font-weight:normal; text-decoration:none;border-bottom:0; } #footer a:hover {color:#555; text-decoration:underline;border-bottom:0;} #footer strong a {font-weight:bold;} #footer span.credits {font-size:1.1em;} /* Subpage menu */ #subpages {border-bottom:1px solid #e0e0e0; border-left:1px solid #e0e0e0; border-bottom:0; float:right; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.3em; margin:-5px 0 8px 15px; padding:0 0 10px 10px; width:190px;} #subpages h2 {font-size:1.2em; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:-1px; line-height:1.3em; margin:0 0 12px;} #subpages ul.submenu {line-height:1.4em; list-style:none; margin:0;} #subpages ul.submenu li {display:inline; line-height:1.4em; width:180px; padding:0;} #subpages ul.submenu li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; border-bottom:0; color:#505050; float:left; font-weight:bold; margin-bottom:5px; padding:3px 1px 3px 5px; text-decoration:none; width:180px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:170px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul li a {width:170px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:160px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul li a {width:160px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul ul {margin:0 0 5px 10px; width:150px;} #subpages ul.submenu li ul ul ul li a {width:150px;} #subpages ul.submenu li a:hover,#subpages ul.submenu li.current_page_item a {background-color:#eaeaea; border-left:4px solid #286ea0; color:#555;} #subpages ul.submenu li.current_page_item ul li a {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#555;} /* Tags */ p,ul,ol {margin:0 0 18px;} blockquote {border-left:4px solid #e0e0e0; margin:20px; padding:8px 8px 8px 15px;} blockquote p {background-color:inherit; color:#505050; font-size:0.9em; line-height:1.3em;} label {background-color:inherit; color:#606060; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold;} table#wp-calendar {margin:0 0 20px; width:190px;} code {font-size:1.2em; display:block; padding:5px 5px 5px 8px; background-color:#f4f4f4; margin:5px 0 15px 0;border-left:4px solid #cccccc;} /* Forms */ #s,#submit {background-color:#ffffff; border:1px solid #cccccc; color:#505050; font-size:0.9em; margin:0 0 16px; padding:4px; width:180px;} #author,#email,#url,#comment {border:1px solid #cccccc; font-family:Verdana,Tahoma,Arial,Sans-Serif; font-size:1em; margin:0; padding:4px;} #commentsection {margin:25px 0 0;} #commentsection p {margin:0 0 6px;} /* Float fix */ .contenttext {overflow:hidden;} * html .contenttext {height:1px; overflow:visible;} * html .contenttext p {overflow:hidden; width:99%;} /* WP image align classes */ .alignleft {float:left;} .alignright {float:right;} img.alignleft {margin:0 20px 20px 0;} img.alignright {margin:0 0 20px 20px;} img.aligncenter,.aligncenter {float:none; display:block; margin:0 auto;} img.alignnone,.alignnone {float:none; margin:0;} /* Various classes */ .left {border:1px solid #cccccc; float:left; margin:10px 15px 10px 0;} .right {border:1px solid #cccccc; float:right; margin:10px 0 5px 10px;} .center {border:1px solid #aaaaaa; margin:5px auto 12px; text-align:center;} .textright {text-align:right;} .small {font-size:0.8em;} .bold {font-weight:bold;} .hide {display:none;} .post {margin:0 0 25px;} .postinfo {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#606060; font-size:0.9em; font-weight:bold; line-height:1.5em; margin:1px 0 30px; padding:8px 5px 8px 8px;} .comment {background-color:#f4f4f4; border-left:4px solid #cccccc; color:#606060; margin:0 0 10px; padding:8px 5px 0 8px;} .comment p {font-size:0.9em; line-height:1.3em; margin:0 0 6px; padding-bottom:5px;} .gravatarside {float:right; width:48px; height:48px; margin:0 5px 5px 5px;} .navigation {display:block; margin:10px 0 20px 0; padding:0; text-align:center;} .navigation p {margin:0; padding:0;} .prevlink {margin-right:20px;} .nextlink {margin-left:20px;} I'm sure its my wrapper that I'm doing wrong. Theres probably a better way of doing this, please let me know what it is. Many thanks, Sam
-
Changing page title size (Wordpress)
Great, I added that to my style sheet, and it worked a treat. Is there a way I can add in a blank line (I think this is a page break?) on all my pages below the title using CSS? Thanks,, Sam
-
Changing page title size (Wordpress)
Hi everyone, I'm now trying to change the size of my page title font (seen in <h1> tags below. Note I am editing the page template.css) in wordpress. It is currently: <?php get_header(); ?> <div id="contentwide"> <?php if (have_posts()) : while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php /* list_subpages_andreas01(); */ ?> <div class="post"> <h1><?php the_title(); ?></h1> <div class="contenttext" <?php the_content('<p class="serif">Read more »</p>'); ?> </div> <?php link_pages('<p><strong>Pages:</strong> ', '</p>', 'number'); ?> <?php edit_post_link('[e]','<p>','</p>'); ?> <?php comments_template(); ?> <?php endwhile; endif; ?> </div> </div> <?php get_footer(); ?> Since theres no size in there, where exactly should I add it in, and what should I write in order to determine the height - line-height:1.3em;? Thanks, Sam
-
Repeating sidebar image
Hi Everyone, I want to have an image in my leftside sidebar navigation (just a plain colour), I've made the image an ideal width, but a short height, since I have the intention that I want to repeat the image to the bottom of my web pages. However I can't seem to get it to work. Heres the CSS I am using (in my style sheet - I'm also using wordpress): /* Sidebars */ #leftside {background:url("img/side-bar.jpg") repeat-y scroll 0 0 #E6ECE9; clear:left; float:left; line-height:2em; margin:0 0 5px; padding-bottom:50000; width:190px; margin-bottom: -50000px;} #extras {float:right; line-height:1.4em; margin:0 0 5px; padding:0; width:190px;} #leftside p, #leftside ul, #leftside div.textwidget, #extras p, #extras ul, #extras div.textwidget {font-size:1.1em; margin:0 0 18px;} #leftside li, #extras li {line-height:2em; list-style:none; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside ul ul, #extras ul ul {margin:6px 0 0 10px;} #leftside ul ul li, #extras ul ul li {margin:0 0 4px;} #leftside ul ul li a, #extras ul ul li a {font-weight:normal;} #leftside ul.linklist, #extras ul.linklist {font-size:1.1em;} #leftside ul.linklist ul, #extras ul.linklist ul {margin:0 0 20px;} #leftside ul.linklist ul li a, #extras ul.linklist ul li a {font-weight:bold;} #leftside h2, #leftside ul.linklist li h2, #leftside h3, #extras h2, #extras ul.linklist li h2, #extras h3, table#wp-calendar caption {background-color:inherit; color:#505050; font-size:1.3em; font-weight:normal; text-align:left; margin:0 0 6px;} #leftside label, #extras label {display:none;} Can anyone possibly tell what I am missing, I am a newbie when it comes to CSS, so try to keep it simple Many thanks! Sam
-
Article submission
Quality written articles will get picked up by other publishers and used on their mailing lists/blogs. Quality is worth its cost. Sam
-
Where are You From?
@ Alzer Lol, I heard there's nothing you guys dislike more than an American claiming their Irish because there great-great granddad once visited Ireland! I see your located in Dublin, I have spent some time there, as that's were my girlfriends from. I live in the South East myself. Sam
-
Display tweets containing a specific trend on my website,.
I know you can display what you want with google news. Not sure about Twitter though. Good-luck! Sam
-
Hello All!
Welcome! Sam
-
Hi there!
Hello! I like the concept of your site, do you have many people working for you? Sam
-
hey guys!
Welcome! I started with HTML, then CSS! Sam
-
Hi All
Welcome Tim! I used to live in Bournemouth, if that's anywhere near you! Good luck with your new project, have you started any promotion yet? Thanks, Sam
-
Hey!
Thanks for the warm welcomes Sam
-
Why do people choose..
The problem there is a certain need to 'educate' potential clients, half the time they presume you can build a website and rank top for various search terms instantly for £200. What this means is that they overlook designers of offer SEO and backlinking for cheaper template based alternatives. Sam
-
Article submission
Ezinearticles should be your first choice its PR rank is 6 (I think!), max keyword density is %2 so watch out for that. You can put them on Ezine after you've put them elsewhere but make sure you credit the article to the same person. Also if your going to put them on your own site as well, ensure you do this first, as otherwise your submitted articles on ezine may outrank your own website. Many thanks, Sam