Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

PJM Media

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by PJM Media

  1. I imagine some of you run monthly reports for clients using data from google analytics to inform them of how well their site is performing, what changes could be made etc. What would you charge for this type of reporting and analysis? Rough figures
  2. O no no. I thought you had a column on music but I see now its recent posts and archive. What about rather than having them down the side, have them along the bottom?
  3. Stjohn, I think its a good start but could be developed (as i am sure you are aware) much further. One point I would say is the middle section of the page "sound set" is giving the immediate impression it is off-center due to the colour differences. What I would suggest is put music at the bottom of the center section.
  4. Implementing a slider is dead easy. Email me at info@pjmmedia.co.uk (make sure and let me know its you) and I will forward you the code. About two hours work I would say to implement providing your current css is done correctly. If its not.....well it could take considerably longer ps I just noticed some of my above english did not read well....apologies (typing in a rush lol)
  5. Mo, Several changes I would make: 1 - Change the logo. Personally I doesnt think it looks very profesional 2 - The three images. Either just use one which fits the with of the page or create add a jquery slider. If you check out my site www.pjmmedia.co.uk/default.html, I have implemented a slider into it. 3- The "we are into" section...the line I think you should remove. At first glance I thought some text was meant to be inbetween "we are into" and the line 4 - remove hit counter 5 - change your footer layout. not well layed out
  6. I think the page background should be changed to something a with a little more omph. Seems very plain. And I endorse all the other points made above
  7. I would agree on the 'Pink' point. I think there is a little to much of it but also I think there is too much text which make the 'Pink' factor stand out more than it normally would. How about on the left hand side below the video, stopping the text at 'services.' rather than 'services via etc etc'. I would imagine all this information is listed on the services page anyway plus id guess the video makes reference to the services as well. With regards the right hand side how about making the text more concise?
  8. Circles, How about having either a static image below your buttons the width of the 2 columns or a slider (in the same place)?
  9. One of my latest creations is www.jmar.co.uk No changes will be made now but your opinion on my work would be good If possible I would also like you to give an estimate of what you think you would charge to make the same/similar? Ballpark figures obviously.
  10. I ended up setting overflow to scroll. In your opinion is this a fine way to solve the problem? Or is there a better way. With regards the slider suggestion I will look into that tomorrowZ
  11. Problem fixed using body { overflow: hidden; } Thanks for noticing the problem though! Now for a personal opinion...... www.pjmmedia.co.uk www.pjmmedia.co.uk/default.html Both of these pages are the same other than the banner. .co.uk/ is static and .co.uk/default rotates. Which do you prefer? After this my rant is over Thanks
  12. Ahh yes I see. Man that was obvious lol Now what do you mean shrink the window?
  13. Main Site: http://www.pjmmedia.co.uk Compare for instance http://www.pjmmedia.co.uk/aboutus.php with http://www.pjmmedia.co.uk/portfolio.php you will notice the difference in them two pages.
  14. Does anyone have any idea why the width of my page expands in Safari and Firefox when I place text in "Bold" or in "h1"tags? When its normal text there is no problem. In IE I will say there is no movement. Hope you can help Thanks
  15. I use Fasthosts and personally think they are fantastic. If you need asp/php etc you just select a checkbox (FOC) and the database option from my memory is £25p/a. Couldn't recommend them highly enough!
  16. I would say it is a little better but nothing amazing.
  17. I just purchased the following book on SEO: Search Engine Optimisation (SEO): How to Optimise Your Website for Internet Search Engines (Google, Yahoo!, MSN Live, AOL, Ask,AltaVista, Fast, GigaBlast, Snap, Looksmart and Others) Samuel Blankson As of yet I dont know how good or otherwise it may be but I figured itd be worth the read.
  18. Thanks for the advice guys. I think the slider idea is great and will definitely implement something like that this week. When I make a few more changes and tweeks to enhance it I will let you know and you can give me your critique on it again (that is of course if you dont mind). Thanks again Phil
  19. Hi folks, would appreciate it if you would give your feedback on my website www.pjmmedia.co.uk Feel free to offer constructive criticism as that's what I am after. Thanks in advance

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.