Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Tridiant Games

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Tridiant Games

  1. I have an access key set up. Basically it's a random string which is generated every time the account is logged into/logged out of. There really isn't much to compare it to, however it works decently. In my admin panel I can forcefully log the user out (AKA change the access key). This is only compared with the user id. You can't really compare it to any other information because peoples IP addresses change all the time. But I suppose you could do that. If the IP address changes, force the user to re-login. AKA <?php if($_SERVER['REMOTE_ADDR'] != $ip_from_database){ // kill the cookie // change access key } ?> Then as the user logs in, change the access key again as well as the IP address on file. If you find out any decent answers, let me know as well... I could always use a security upgrade.
  2. It looks good. Great job!
  3. I agree with your boss. It's looking better, but it still needs a lot of improvement. The navigation is very plain (not the drop-down). Is there a way to fancy it up? Best of luck!
  4. Robbydesigns has a point about the gradients. They do look rather... blotchy in Chrome. Once that's fixed I would call it perfecto. I like it a lot!
  5. Wow, nice call Jock. How did you find "getthatbargin.com"?
  6. Wow it looks nice. Good job, I really like the new design.
  7. It's not bad, really. For a small family business, it's really not that bad. However, what if you had descriptions/pictures? Like... "Our Trees" Kind 1 Kind 2 Kind 3 kind 4 Kind 5 Kind 6 let them be able to click the tree picture/name and inside have more views of the tree, with description of what they are/how high they grow. Make it informational since the purchaser won't see the trees until delivery? I am assuming if they don't go cut them their selves.
  8. Now really, which site would you rather go to? http://www.sportsliveupdate.com/ OR http://www.livescore.in/ ? I think we all know which one everyone will choose. Why? Look at the design.
  9. You REALLY need to change the logo. 1. It's blurry 2. It's a Youtube rip-off and I hope google sues you to death. 3. Try looking at competitive sites to gain a general idea of what your boss might be looking for. For example: Your boss is asking you to make something professional for an "ADVERTISING" company. You wouldn't go to Youtube to get ideas for your site... Like the logo for instance. You would go to Google Adsense http://www.advertising.com/ http://www.adgridwork.com/ http://www.advertisespace.com/?a=AAJJ3v Look at theirs and look at yours. Whats the problem(s)? Mainly professionalism. Your icons are blurry, distorted and overall very unprofessional. Maybe your boss should just pay a thousand or so for a Flash site. Be honest here, if those testimonials are real... I am sure he/she can afford it .
  10. Wow thanks for all of the good feedback. Tamizhan: I quite like the reflection type image . I like the links on the top left, because we all know most sites like this /would/ put them on the right. And they seem to fit/work fine from there. I *may* experiment with that idea though, and if it looks better... I might keep it . The div situation: Well, I want it to be 100% but I had to add in the min-width, otherwise it totally ruins the site if you try making your window smaller. So with the %'s its fine, because the OUTER div width (full_div) is either 100% or 900px. So once it hits 900px, the inner divs wont move anymore! Acrylic: Good idea. Since it was only a 2 image sprite, it was much easier to do without doing positions. Basically I aligned them top and bottom with a bit of wiggle room and did url() top and url() bottom. Let me know if it works for you all! Thanks again for the idea.
  11. Hey everyone. I created a slight "Portfolio" website, but more in my terms. Not really looking for jobs, etc. with it. Just a simple project I decided to do. Maybe show it to family, etc. Please let me know what you think about it? (It's not done yet. Just the layout/home page is done.) http://mbprogrammer.info/index.php Also, the broken image in the Welcome section is broken until I can get a screenshot set up. I am kind of tired at the moment and distracted by the TV, but eventually I will get to it! Thank you in advance!
  12. It seems as if it were like a site you just got pushed to after clicking an AD on a website. Like those... "PUSH THE BUTTON" adverts... Yeah, I don't know. Not looking too professional. Keep trying though!
  13. I like the header. Work with it. A black background, red headers, lighter black divs... It could look real nice. Go with it! Right now it looks like it's missing everything. XD It loads good too. It could look amazing if you work with it Good luck!
  14. I am in no position to talk, but I have a good eye for graphic design. I am working on it... =) I mainly code back-end currently but I need to develop my design skills more. Best of luck to you.
  15. Hey, I use http://dreamhost.com/. They have VPS and much more. I barely have any problems, but when I do, I send in a report immediately. (They even have online chat.) From there I get responses very quickly. The longest I have waited was about 20 minutes, but it was a very complex problem and they fixed it. VPS is here: http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting-vps.html Also I can save you $40 on your first bill. Let me know what you're thinking! Mail me if interested!
  16. Brutally honest... I would pay like fifty-cents american. Or I could make my own. Its extremely plain and not very professional... Sorry. And the header... it's supposed to be a header. Where is the logo? Where is the snazz? there's nothing but brown and white. No gradients, nothing! So I honestly /wouldn't/ buy it, and I wouldn't expect anyone else to either.
  17. Very nice. Much more neater/prettier than my stats page. Stupid DreamHost Stats. Will you be doing Pie Charts or anything like that? =O Now that, that'd be cool!
  18. Items per page and page should be reduced. It's way to busy for an attempt to fancy it up. A simple... Page: (Drop Down) Items Per Page (Drop Down) ...would suffice with not background, nothing. As many shopping sites do. Fix the search bar... (Running google chrome). The textbox should be longer so when you click search, you're clicking on the magnify glass. Other than that no compaints. Sure it can be /better/ but it's still good. Nice job!
  19. I really like it! Good job!!
  20. Wow, that is one bright site... Okay, for starters, the drop down nav is a pain in my butt. It needs to stand out... Fancy it up a bit. Fiddle with it, try the background blue you use (wayy at the very bottom of the page). http://www.honywoodschool.com/index.phtml?d=59725 The tab browsing... Can you implement that on more than just one page? I do like the login at the top part. Where you have "Welcome to Hunywood", "News", "Quick Links"... Give those a padding (top & bottom). It looks unprofessional without some sort of padding. Like "Andyl" said, fix that overflow. Best of luck, Matt
  21. Oooh that layout is very slick and nice. Even still, it's like a community/arcade site. My style is trying to aim for like "petsites". For example: http://neopets.com/ http://subeta.org/ http://petpetpark.com/ (Actually a RPG based from Neopets)
  22. No offense Acrylic but the links you sent me to explain mainly business, blogs and social networking pages. Not so much an actual "Gaming" site web layout. As for the colours, yes, they do need to change. Unfortunately I have no idea what I should do for the layout, although I do want to redo the whole thing. Does anyone have a cool color scheme for a petsite in mind? I personally like Green-Black and Sky Blue-Black. I am hopefully creating a different game using Navy Blue-White-Black. So try to stay away from those for any ideas... Thanks in advance, Matt
  23. Paul, Wow, that is absolutely amazing. It's very organized, clean, neat and professional. I am not a huge fan of red, but you implemented it very well. Two errors I noticed were these; I am using Google Chrome 5.0 and the input on the search is a bit high... Would look much better centered. Also on pages ( ex. http://www.whichlaptop.co.uk/storage/hard-drives/sony-multi-card-mrw620-b4.htm ) where you can view the item and choose to add it to your cart, on the "Add to cart" button the text is lower than centered, same goes for the "Submit >>" button for the 'review'. I think it may be the same classes (too lazy to check but they look identical.) One suggestion, for "Specifications", maybe you can make the table have borders/a different background? or something... It's kind of ... eeek to see it without that. Ex: Toilet Paper: Yes Soft: No Layers: 2+ Take a look see and see what you can do. Other than that... Perfecto!
  24. Look at my main web layout: http://tridiantgames.com/ My "company" layout. It looks phenomenal. I absolutely love it. The HavenPets site seems like... not professional. =O
  25. Okay, so I absolutely hate webdesign and I need a new idea, I think. Or I need some type of ideas. http://havenpets.tridiantgames.com/test/layout4.php YES his feet are cut off, only because I need to just upload the picture yet. I will get to it later. =) UNTIL THEN... yeah. I need a whole new idea I think. I no longer like this layout. =/

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.