Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help! Web Hosting needed!

Featured Replies

Anyone got any suggestions on RELIABLE web hosting with decent support? Preferably with reseller packages available!

 

It's so difficult to get an impartial review of any of the companies!

 

If anyone mentions fasthosts or streamline, I'll slap you upside the head, haha.

 

Seriously, ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

  • Author

Hiya, budget isn't too much of a concern to be honest, but obviously not crazy crazy prices. I'm quite happy to pay for quality, plus I'm hoping to be reselling the hosting anyway. BUT the £1000 per month dedi hosting is out of the question! Haha

You can get quality dedicated hosting for much less than that! I'd probably go with a vps from someone like hostgator, get CPWHM with it and go from there

I reccomend market hosting, never had any problems with them.

Think Nick is a memebr of the forum too!

 

www.markethosting.co.uk i believe.

 

Hope this helps! :)

How about getting a VPS at http://www.linode.com/index.cfm.

 

You've gotta know what you're doing, as it's completely unmanaged, but it's well priced - with a variety of levels - and extremely reliable. Probably the best VPS provider out there at the moment.

 

EDIT: Blah blah blah not affiliated just been very pleased with them with my hosting etc.

Heart Internet?

Peartree Hosting?

 

Both been good to me.

Anyone got any suggestions on RELIABLE web hosting with decent support? Preferably with reseller packages available!

 

It's so difficult to get an impartial review of any of the companies!

 

If anyone mentions fasthosts or streamline, I'll slap you upside the head, haha.

 

Seriously, ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

 

 

You can check WHT for reviews and compare accordingly for the companies that you select.

There are a few hosts that hang around these forums so do a search to find commenst etc.

 

If you want some more to look at - Clook.co.uk and Flump.net - have used both over the years, both have excellent support and sensible pricing for the quality they offer.

Hey,

 

I use http://dreamhost.com/. They have VPS and much more. I barely have any problems, but when I do, I send in a report immediately. (They even have online chat.) From there I get responses very quickly. The longest I have waited was about 20 minutes, but it was a very complex problem and they fixed it.

 

VPS is here: http://www.dreamhost.com/hosting-vps.html

 

Also I can save you $40 on your first bill. Let me know what you're thinking! :) Mail me if interested!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.