Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

JonnyIrving

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by JonnyIrving

  1. Problem solved, thankyou Krip!
  2. Thanks again Kryptic, Your time is appriciated, I'll give those suggestions a try now.
  3. So there's a few options out there. I didn't realise professionals used wordpress for client work, I though it was used for thier personal blogging sites.
  4. I gave that a go aswell then had problems in IE7
  5. Thanks Kryptic, That artical helped a lot.
  6. I've looked around the web and through the forums and found no answer which leads me to believe I'm about to ask the stupid question!? When creating a website I've noticed that the website owner is reluctant to rely on the developer every time they want their content updating. The answer then must be some kind of content management system? To someone relatively new in web design I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction in achieving this and was wondering if there are some common methods or an industry standards I should be using?
  7. I've only just started out in web design and I found that dealing with IE was one of the biggest problems I had. Have you used IE Tester before? It's a browser application that allows you to test sites with IE 5, 6, 7, 8 all in one window.
  8. Well it's specifically IE7 causing the problem. (not so worried about IE6 for now), the li's that flyouts (training and sqaud) have extra space at the bottom of them in IE7. Renders fine in everything else.
  9. I added a better doc type which helped alot but you can see that on the <li> that leads to a flyout that there is more spaceing then the normal list items. I've tried everything I can think of. Has anyone come across this problem before?
  10. Hey peeps, Having a nightmare with this menu I wrote. It's rendering fine in ff but as usual internet explorer is messing it up! menu is here Very grateful for any advice you can give.
  11. No offence taken, I have experience in hosting compared to other things but point taken, I humbly demote to beginner.
  12. I suspected as much, I didn't think it would be good proctice to use generated code. Thanks for the tip tery.
  13. I've been having some trouble using dreamweavers spry naviagtion menu's as IE likes to mess them up, and I got to thinking if there are any other common methods used to produce the multileveled drop down nav menus. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Is usinging dreamweavers spry elements bad practice? Thanks guys
  14. haha good work Robk, may be a few years yet.
  15. JonnyIrving replied to PlanetCreate's topic in Hardware
    The good news is a lot of the new features on windows 7 mirror some of the user exsperience feature we are used to on mac. More descriptive button ie "Save"/"Don't Save" a convinient downloads folder are the two of quite a few I have noticed. Macs do look sexier though, just putting it out there!
  16. Hey there, good to have you on board.
  17. I stand corrected. I'll look into it more thoroughly in future.
  18. Oh I didn't know that. Does it say that on their site somewhere?
  19. I was wondering this myself. Good explanation guy and girls. @jonnyirving
  20. Good to have you on board!
  21. I'm not sure if this may be the answer: "What methodology is used to calculate the market share statistics? StatCounter is a web analytics service. As of 1 August 2009, our tracking code is installed on approximately 3 million sites globally. (These sites cover various activities and geographic locations.) Every month, we record billions of hits to these sites. For each hit, we analyse the browser/operating system used and we summarize this data. For our search engine stats, we analyze every hit referred by a search engine. This is how we get our Global Stats information." - statcounter I would have thought 3 million to be a relatively small sample?
  22. I got mine from W3Stats humm, interesting. which do you think will be the more accurate?
  23. No sorry, You see it a resource collection for children and it requires an account to log into. Writing this post I've just discovered the problem. A hidden sharepoint display:inline; rule that I neglected to overwrite. That's for taking a look though!
  24. IE only have 37% of the market nowadays and this has been steadily decreasing for a while now.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.