Everything posted by zibizibi
-
Can a project milestone be considered complete before revisions took place?
Ok, thanks!
-
Can a project milestone be considered complete before revisions took place?
I just completed the first milestone of a project, but before the client provides feedback and requests possible revisions, she decided to put the project on hold and pay me only half of first milestone fee under the pretext that no revision took place yet and source files weren't requested yet. However I did spend all the time assigned to this first milestone and the work is pretty complete. Should her excuse be rejected or does it indeed justify to not pay the fee in full?
-
How to associate 2 fields in the same table / data structure?
Hi everyone, On my website you can purchase a trip after choosing the departure date (among the available departure dates), knowing that each departure date has a specific price attached to it. In the merise diagram (when drawing the database on a piece of paper), how should I represent the [departure date / price] couples? I'm asking because unlike the other trip attributes/fields, this one is not really a field but rather a couple of 2 different fields. So should I represent it as a separate table with just these 2 fields in it?
- Inspection
-
Inspection
Hi everyone, I was wondering if there is such a thing in the UK as inspection of freelance workers. I work at home and every year I fill out a tax return. Do HMRC agents actually visit freelancers' homes to check their bookkeeping records? Or is it something that only exists on paper and virtually never takes place in actuality?
-
Automatic local micro-backups of one folder only
Hi everyone, Every new day I work on a WordPress project, I duplicate the theme folder and add a number after it. This way, if I do something wrong without being sure how to go back, I have the theme folder of the previous day. Is there a way, perhaps a small freeware or something, to make this procedure automatic? And as a sidenote, am I alone in the universe doing this?
-
Too much time spend on browsing local folders
Hi everyone, Not sure where to post this question. I realize I spend enormous amounts of cumulative time browsing my local web folders from within different applications. How do you solve this problem?
-
Backup solutions
Hi everyone, I use Mozy as an automatic backup solution, then I do some manual backup once a month on a local hard drive. But I'd like to skip that manual thing and get instead a second automatic solution. Do I sound too cautious, or do you guys also have not one but two backup solutions? What do you use?
-
Do some of you work with temporary employment agencies?
Hi everyone, I was thinking that it would be great for me to work with temporary employment agencies. I suppose some companies turn to such agencies when they need web work done, isnt'it? Do some of you work get gigs this way? Is it well paid?
-
Have you registered your brand's logo?
Wow that's surprising to me. Thanks for the info!
-
Have you registered your brand's logo?
If somebody uses your logo for his/her own brand and you sue this person, you'll have to prove that this logo is yours. How are you going to prove that in court except with some sort of formal copyright system?
-
Where to find clients : websites with inquiries
It's me, or one will earn on average £5 or £6 per hour for most jobs got on these websites?
-
Have you registered your brand's logo?
Hi everyone, I realize my main business website as well as another project of mine have logos that are not registered, so anybody could copy them and use them I guess. Do you guys all have your logos registered, and if so, is it expensive?
-
For small jobs (£100 for ex) do you ask payment upon signature or delivery?
Hi everyone, It's all in the title: for small jobs - £100 for example - do you ask payment upon signature or delivery?
-
Trying paying fonts on one's website before purchasing
Unfortunately my client wants to make a purchase once and for all, whereas Typekit requires to "rent" their fonts on a permanent basis. I'll try the fonts.com developer features though, thanks!
-
Trying paying fonts on one's website before purchasing
Hi everyone, After using only free fonts I am now considering using paying fonts for a client of mine. But I realize that although free fonts can be tested at will on one's website, that's not possible with paying fonts. So how do people deal with this problem? There will be countless cases where a font looks good on the font's site, but then once installed on one's website it doesn't match it so well. Do you just request a refund or something? What is you want to try 2 or 3 paying fonts before choosing the one that best fits your website?
-
Do you have a business bank account ?
Thanks all for the input.
-
What is the proper term for converting a PSD mockup into a live page?
Hi everyone, In French we use the verb "intégrer" to describe the process for converting a static PSD web mockup into a live page. Is there a term in English for this process?
-
Do you have a business bank account ?
Well if Santander has free business accounts I see no reason to open paid ones in other banks. I'll give a try with them, thanks Renaissance.
-
Embedded YouTube videos without hidden controls
Ah yeah "autohide=1", thanks man!
-
Embedded YouTube videos without hidden controls
Hi everyone, I'd like to display embedded YouTube videos with the controls hidden by default, and when the user clicks on the video, controls appear. Just as the videos on this page. In Google documentation pages I found how to hide controls altogether, but not in this way. And using Firebug while visiting this page I can't see any options used in the iframe code that relates to controls. So how to do that?
-
Plugin conflict after update(s): who should pay for fixing it?
@rallport: I'll definitely need a clause about support. @mattybrown: yeah, a yearly support fee sounds good to me. Do you offer the first year?
-
Do you have a business bank account ?
I do have a separate bank account for business. But it's a personal, non-business account. Since I'm doing exactly the same things (online transfer mostly) with both my personal and "business" accounts, I don't see why I should pay for the business one. I'm gonna investigate to see if it's legally obligatory to use a business bank account as a sole trader.
-
Plugin conflict after update(s): who should pay for fixing it?
Hi everyone, I'm using WordPress P2P plugin and nextGEN gallery plugin. After updating WP, one of them conflicts with the other and there's no fix yet. So I guess I'll have to switch from nextGEN plugin to using WordPress native gallery functionality. This will take hours though. In this type of situation, who should pay for these hours? How do you guys handle this?
-
Do you have a business bank account ?
Hi everyone, My bank (Barclays, UK) just told me that I can't use a personal current account for business purposes, as I had been doing until now. I need a (paid) business account. Do you all have a business account? Or is there some legal way to do business while using a free bank account in the UK?