Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Are .info domains good for SEO?

Featured Replies

As above, cant find any good names for what i need in .co.uk or .com so .info is my only option. My fear is i read somewhere they pull the SEO efforts down. Is this at all true?

 

thanks

It shouldn't do any harm to your SEO, before you buy the .info have another think to see if there is a .co.uk or .com that will work. You will find more people trust a .co.uk / .com more than a .info but this totally depends on what your website is about.

TLD and its effects on ranking is a wildly debated topic. The truth is: there are many spammy info sites, so I understand people's fear from them. However, this is possibly only psychological and technically speaking search engines should not penalize info domains.

 

Also, as far as I see, there are a handful of quality info domains, so I do not think it will have any negative impact on your SEO.

TLD and its effects on ranking is a wildly debated topic. The truth is: there are many spammy info sites, so I understand people's fear from them. However, this is possibly only psychological and technically speaking search engines should not penalize info domains.

 

Also, as far as I see, there are a handful of quality info domains, so I do not think it will have any negative impact on your SEO.

 

Yeah it's wildly debated. I have a client with a .info and for some reason I find it a nightmare to get it up the listings but similar clients on a .co.uk or .com seem to do better. Obviously it could be paranoia ;)

http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/domain

 

They're associated with spam. How many .info domains do you see in the serps?

 

No doubt. It's a shame then that they have become the .spam of the web when I thought the idea was to increase the domain pool? Maybe registrars should sell them with 'spam caution' if this is the case ;)

  • 3 weeks later...

How many .info sites ? Have you seen on indexing ? I think, your answer is no. It's means no used .info domain sites, you can go for co.uk or .com domain that helps you more.

Google prefer info website as a low quality website. I would suggest you to choose a domain name having extension (co dot uk or dot com). If you are promoting your services in UK then get (co dot uk) domain and if your are promoting your web services over the world then you should prefer (dot com) domain.

  • 4 weeks later...

.info was selling for very cheat at the one point - $0,99/year any many spammers etc has been using them in not really "google rules" good way. At the moment I think there is no difference.

All domain names are the same. You can rank a .info the same you rank .com. It's no difference.

  • 4 months later...

As above, cant find any good names for what i need in .co.uk or .com so .info is my only option. My fear is i read somewhere they pull the SEO efforts down. Is this at all true?

 

thanks

 

 

You can use the .info domain if your site contain any information related pages .If your web pages having good content means it wont effect SEO..To improve the SEO you can get the service from an good reliable providers.Get the domain registration from a good domain registrar like 9cubehosting.com .

Just make sure your site is on a Wordpress platform for maximum Google love :flm16:

I have not optimized .info websites but i have heard that they are no as much effective as .com and .org website. The reason may be they take more time.

  • 2 months later...

Just to play devils advocate. My mate owns intheboatshed.net and it pulls in over 20,000 unique visitors a month. Not bad for a boating blog!

All domain names are the same. You can rank a .info the same you rank .com. It's no difference.

 

He is right. I heard Matt Cutts talk about this on one of his youtube video's the other day.

 

I guess the point is, not how will it rank on the search engines, but do people trust .info website enough to click on them? I guess for me, I wouldn't be to bothered. If they were high enough in a search engine, then that would be enough for me to trust it!

Hmm I've heard mixed stories about these domains when searching throug different topics on search engines... usually it's better to have a top level (.com, .net, .org)... but you could try

Choosing a .com or .org like domain is very good option to do SEO work. But its not mean that .info is bad for SEO, thing we give some more effort on .info..

Having any TLD shouldn't affect the ranking/SEO of the site, the content on the site is the key factor.

 

Just bare in mind that the TLD .info generally relates to information sites similar to .gov for government.

 

I know that you can pretty much buy any TLD now a days but if you are using a .info for your company it may not be the best idea.

  • 2 weeks later...

in SEO ,, gov... org these two domain name are given piorty in search engines and in the last we have info domain ....

you avoid to buy .info domain .. its cheap but not seo friendly....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.