Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Link Building

Featured Replies

I mostly hate using Automated softwares to get backlinks. What i do is send mails to webmasters requesting them to give a backlinks. This way you get quality backlinks on static pages.

Interesting, have you had much success this way? Personally, with the sites I look after , I tend to delete those emails without thinking twice, is this a good thing? I don't really know, but I have opened some and 99% of the time they where totally un-related or very poor looking websites, I guess i should read some in the future and see if they are good quality. But speaking from experience i'v never really been approached by High-quality websites and also, with the sites i have done in the past, havn't really catered for link exchanges & the client doesn't want them.

 

:)

I have to agree with Ben here, although just asking for links could be useful, I suppose, with two sites that are both mid-range in the PR scale. I would think that this would be a way to get reciprocal links.

 

The only way I can think of getitng people to link to you is either by buying links, or waiting for people to discover your amazing content :)

I usually recieve emails from other webmasters for link exchasge, I normally go to that site and have a quick look. three things i look in the site

1- its niche (whether it is related to my site)

2- its design (must be good and unique)

3 - its content (must be original and creative)

if any sites passes these three condition, i added them up to my site and request linkback.

If you want to get backlinks from a few well-known sites, consider checking to see if they run a blog on the site. Don't reply unless you have something useful to contribute ... otherwise it's just spam and they'll delete you. Sometimes those comments count as backlinks and sometimes they don't. It all depends upon the settings the blog author is using.

 

Even if they aren't counted as backlinks, reading their blog and commenting when appropriate might possibly help you establish a relationship with them which, in turn, could afford you the opportunity to request reciprocal linking.

 

:D

  • 3 weeks later...

When asking for links for another site to yours be sure to add one to theirs!

  • 2 weeks later...

I do request link exchanges with other sites and usually get them. It's probably the way I write that link exchange letter? Or could it be that the sites I am working on are really serious? I wonder...

I don't think that buying links is the only way. I think people, as eria says, look for quality and when they don't discover that quality at the first sight, they refuse to link back. Whisper, I believe no one would ever ask for a link without providing a link back. Did that happen to you?

I agree that buying links is not the only way to get quality backlinks to your site. If you have good content and relevant content, you might be able to open up a relationship with another webmaster, but I do recommend quality content as a way to be sure your site gets noticed. After all, people tend to link to things they like. Unsolicited link demands might get tossed if they sound like a shotgun approach to link building, but if the person emailing me has something worth reading in their letter, I would be more likely to consider at least looking at their site.

  • 1 month later...
I agree that buying links is not the only way to get quality backlinks to your site. If you have good content and relevant content, you might be able to open up a relationship with another webmaster, but I do recommend quality content as a way to be sure your site gets noticed. After all, people tend to link to things they like. Unsolicited link demands might get tossed if they sound like a shotgun approach to link building, but if the person emailing me has something worth reading in their letter, I would be more likely to consider at least looking at their site.

 

As a matter of fact "buying links" is more of a renting links. I haven't seen too many sites offering link space "forever" ... just for a limited time. One year maximum.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.