Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

CRE LOADED

Featured Replies

Anyone have any experience with CRE Loaded? Apparently they require you to have register_globals ON which is a security risk. I have been looking around for a fix to this and found one that seems to be a couple years old and would rather have a new one compatible with the newest version of CRE since I don't know if that fix will work with the new version.

 

or does anyone have a great experience with any other e-commerce solutions? I only went with this because so many people like it and template monster had a bunch of stuff for it (was going to download one to see how its done, since i dont know much about how it all works). i hear zen-cart is pretty decent too

 

the fix i was talking about if anyone is interested is at CRE register_globals fix (from 2006)

you'd be much better going for Prestashop or Magento, it's much easier to use and it looks better. (I think most templates on templatemonster for CRE loaded are table based)

They both have great communities and lots of features. Magento is a bit heavier on resources, but some hosting companies (such as NuBlue) manage to keep it running fast. My personal favourite is Prestashop and I have had good experiences with both. Prestashop, i find, tends to be easier for a beginner to edit things such as the homepage, whereas magento is a bit harder to get your head around!

  • Author

ill go check those out.. thanks. Wonder how eleven2 hosting would handle that Magento. oh I wasnt planning on using the actuall templates. was just gunna use one to see how everything worked and make my own from scratch

no problem. to be honest, I think that you'd have a much easier time creating templates for Prestashop than Magento or Zen-Cart. thats just my opinion though, im sure there's designers here who think the opposite!

  • Author

So i decided to go try out magento. I downloaded the installer and when i follow the directions it tells me to to to http://www.mydomain.com/magento which is supposed to bring me to a install page on my server. and it just spits back

 

Internal Server Error

 

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

 

Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

 

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

 

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Apache/2.2.9 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.9 OpenSSL/0.9.7a mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635

 

I have yet to find a solution for this other than doing the full install manually, but My internet most likely will crash out before it finishes. I changed the file permissions to 0777 like they said as well. anyone had a similar problem at all. it seems it happens a lot with the other systems but i cant seem to pick up any answers

 

also my error log is

Error Log

Last 300 Error Log Messages in reverse order:

 

[Thu Jul 17 13:12:28 2008] [error] [client 207.251.192.219] File does not exist: /home/darkwm/public_html/500.shtml

[Thu Jul 17 13:12:28 2008] [error] [client 207.251.192.219] SoftException in Application.cpp:544: Directory "/public_html/magento" is writeable by group

  • Author

well there really is no specifications. just looking for a great open source ecommerce that i can use. I'm testing it out on my server just so i can have an understanding of them. so in the future if someone says they need an e commerce i dont have to worry about learning something new. basically just doing it for knowledge gain. who knows maybe ill find time to make my own store.

  • 2 weeks later...

Try out prestashop. It's what I use and I think its the easiest and its not too hard to customise it either.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.