Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

New Laptop - Terrible Mic Quality

Featured Replies

Hi,

I have bought a new laptop, an updated model of my previous ASUS which worked fine.  However, the microphone is terrible on my new laptop.  I have configured it as a plug in microphone but the recording is very quiet and lots of white noise.  Any suggestions please? I have set the mic booster to different levels and it is still awful.

It cant be the mic because it works fine on my previous laptop.

On 11/7/2018 at 11:20 PM, justlukeyou said:

Hi,

I have bought a new laptop, an updated model of my previous ASUS which worked fine.  However, the microphone is terrible on my new laptop.  I have configured it as a plug in microphone but the recording is very quiet and lots of white noise.  Any suggestions please? I have set the mic booster to different levels and it is still awful.

It cant be the mic because it works fine on my previous laptop.

Have you had any luck with this? My first instinct would be to reinstall the drivers. But I guess it depends on my main use for it. If I was going to use it often, I might contact the supplier and /or manufacturer if it still didn't work. Alternatively, use an external mic?

Yea, debugging what is going on with a mic can be hard. I LOVE my Blue Yeti mic. Here in the US it's about $65 USD. Well worth it.

 

  • 1 month later...
  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.