October 13, 201411 yr A friend of mine asked me if I could do him a gig poster for an upcoming event. I'm a web designer (or so I claim - aha) and so graphic design is not my forte. Luckily enough I feel competent enough in Adobe Fireworks to have a play around - I came up with something... do you think it is too simple?
October 13, 201411 yr like the general layout but not sure about the colour scheme - not so house, more fisher price also if it's the hottest night then the poster should refelect that feel (colour scheme again) hoe about purple and red/orange/yellows? alternativly keep the yellow bg and use something hotter for the hotter text, maybe replacing blues with reds oranges also depending on how you're thinking of printing this then how ever much i like fw for speed and stuff it's really not geared towards printing - if you have illustrator then do it in that (you can transfer your vector artwork to illi - save as illustratir file or copy as vectors in edit menu and paste into illi edit: not sure about the rounded brush like script for 'house' i think a slab serif or black weight of a sans - something heavy and hard hitting like house music maybe something slightly industrial and dirty like the night promises to be Edited October 13, 201411 yr by davep
October 14, 201411 yr like the idea but not the color scheme. you should try some fast colors. and change the font family as well.
October 14, 201411 yr As others have already said, the colours are definitely wrong, check some out, use google and type something like 'house music event poster' in and see what Google images throws up. Some of the major issues on your poster aside from colour (which needs to be saturated seriously) is that you have to hunt for the date, that should take pride of place on the poster The fonts generally used for house music are more square ( if that's the right word ) chunky text, the poster needs to include light show or streams of light. If I were to look at your poster I would think its for a local fayre, you only get a split second to get interest before someone looks away, you need to give them an instant snap shot of what the poster is as fast as possible to keep their interest.
October 14, 201411 yr I like it but it looks simple and straight to the point which is sometimes good
October 14, 201411 yr good point fuzzy about the date - guess i missed it because i missed it Edited October 14, 201411 yr by davep
Create an account or sign in to comment