Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Trouble in cross platform mobile applications

Featured Replies

I wanna make cross platform mobile applications. I am planning to use phoneGap development for this purpose. Is it good or some other better choice available?

I wanna make cross platform mobile applications. I am planning to use phoneGap development for this purpose. Is it good or some other better choice available?

 

I looked into using PhoneGap a few weeks ago. I can't remember the main reason why I didn't go for it originally, but I read somewhere that apple had started to refuse PhoneGap built apps onto the app store. Weather that is true or not im not 100% sure, but its worth looking into.

 

I decided to go with Corona. The framework is written in the Lua programming language but I personally found it easy to pick up because it seems to resemble Javascript and the documentation is quite good also.

 

Failing that either learn android, which is written in Java or Objective-C for Apple devices.

 

Good luck!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.