October 17, 201213 yr I have my clients open their own typekit account to which they give me the password so I can install the fonts on their sites.
October 17, 201213 yr Agreed. Why would you pay for them? It's a business expense and an operating cost relating to the traffic to their site.
October 18, 201213 yr Author How about anyone working for an agency? Do they pass on costs to clients?
October 19, 201213 yr Author therein lies the question. How do small agencies pass on the cost realistically?
October 19, 201213 yr therein lies the question. How do small agencies pass on the cost realistically? Probably adding to a monthly maintenance fee?
October 22, 201213 yr Author I'd like to use better quality fonts at work so am interested how agencies deal with the cost. I imagine typekit is the most popular option, I use webink for personal projects. Fonts.com look too pricey.
October 22, 201213 yr How about anyone working for an agency? Do they pass on costs to clients? Costs are always passed on to the clients. We don;t run charities you know Several ways to pass on the costs... Monthly upkeep fee, one of payment (if the licence allows) or one of yearly fee to be renewed at end of term. You have to make absolutely clear that the end client knows the options available. I find most go for an open source alternative even if they are willing to pay for a font, they find the idea of a monthly fee hard to stomach (Are you listening font embedders?!). Places like Typekit have lost quite a lot of my clients due to the nature of their business and the fact that in reality their costs are to expensive for what they do. What i always try and do for my clients is find either an open source font alternative or a commercial font that allows for a one of fee and for me to download it and to put on the clients server.
October 24, 201213 yr Author I find most go for an open source alternative even if they are willing to pay for a font, Figured as much, opens sans all round then
Create an account or sign in to comment