Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help with Wordpress - Simple theme.

Featured Replies

Hi All,

 

Hope you might be able to help.

 

I am looking to create a custom wordpress theme from scratch, but not really after the functionality of having comments, sidebars showing recent posts etc etc....... Is it basically just the case of not adding the functionality in the theme folder by leaving out some .php files?

 

Basically I want it just so ( clients ) can add new content, across multiple pages ( already have the HTML / CSS templace created ).

 

I am picking wordpress for this as I think its one of the best out there.......I mean maybe for my purpose Joomla would be better ( pardon my ignorance )??

 

Any thoughts on this would be much appreciated.

I tend to use wordpress frameworks such as Bones for custom theme development. The beauty of Wordpress is that if you don't want to display sidebars then it's as simple as removing the sidebar widgets from the WP admin.

 

The site in my signature was built off bones and doesn't have any sidebars.

  • Author

Thanks for the reply's, much appreciated.

 

I think what I was trying to say is that I want to use Wordpress as a CMS, not a blogging platform.....

 

Basically, styling all the static site, with numerous pages and adding the content to wordpress as a theme and just having it so that the content on each of static pages can be changed when necessary.....

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.