Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Payment Gateways...

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

Wondered if anyone can help... I have a client who wants assistance in deciding what payment gateway to go with for their site. I have no experience with payment gateways unfortunately so am a bit stuck. The only requirements they have given are for the ability to except both Sterling and Euro, and for a site user to be able to pay for an item as quick as possible (3 clicks or there abouts). They are a UK based company too if that makes any difference.

 

If anyone can give their thoughts on this it'd be much appreciated.

 

Cheers,

Rob

Use who ever he banks with will be easier, he needs to make sure his bank will allow him to take euro payments as well as sterling.

 

The time it takes to check out is down to the developer / designer rather than the gateway...

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

 

Wondered if anyone can help... I have a client who wants assistance in deciding what payment gateway to go with for their site. I have no experience with payment gateways unfortunately so am a bit stuck. The only requirements they have given are for the ability to except both Sterling and Euro, and for a site user to be able to pay for an item as quick as possible (3 clicks or there abouts). They are a UK based company too if that makes any difference.

 

If anyone can give their thoughts on this it'd be much appreciated.

 

Cheers,

Rob

 

You will need to ask the bank who you have your merchant account with to see if they take multiple currencies first of all. If not you will then have to ask for them to allow your account to take Euros. Once this is done most Payment Gateways will allow this.

 

We use Cardstreamas are main Payment Gateway since moving away from Sage Pay.

 

Hope this helps.

  • 1 month later...

You might consider paypal.com or 2checkout.com. Both are quite alot of user use to trade locally and international transaction.

  • 2 weeks later...

I agree with others here, the simplest and easiest to use / feature rich is, in my humble opinion, PayPal.

 

Either use software like Magento that has it all set-up or use the simple post method and capture your funds manually when you go to ship the goods.

 

PayPal form post

I have moved to CardStream Payment Gateway.

 

I use to be with sage but they were getting problems non stop and as I was loosing money. No problems so far and the help I get when I need it from the support team is great.

 

Check them out Cardstream Payment Gateway.

 

Cardstream are a UK company, their based in London with Offices in Taunton Somerset. Cardstream also accept all currencies so Sterling and Euro will be perfect!

 

Let me know what you think?

  • Jo 90 locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.