Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Website design opinion wanted

Featured Replies

I like the retro look with the header its just a shame you have not continued to design the body and footer :(

Car drawing is awesome.

I'd advise you to remove a shadow under logo. It looks ugly. I'd try to apply something like a chrome text effect for the logotype. Also it would be better to get rid of this horizontal line that is stretched through all the width of the page. Try to add a small piece of landscape (light allusion, maybe several curved lines and/or strokes) behind the car instead.

The gaps between navbar items are not of equal width.

Hi,

I would like to know your opinion on a website I finished few days ago.

http://laganini.si

Thanks!

 

Lila

 

You've got something going with the header. I like the car and logo. I don't know why but I don't like the yellow at all. It just doesn't jive well for some reason. Change the menu. I'm not sure if ALL CAPS would be the way to go and I don't like the yellow letters that match the header. I would defiantly continue the header style to the footer of the design. You're lacking content underneath the slideshow (slider). Try wrapping the text or adding more content underneath it.

 

The gaps between navbar items are not of equal width.

 

Lev's right. It looks odd.

 

Good luck!

Edited by urbanelementz

I personally think that colors play a wide role in a theme.. Like, if you are designing a website for babies you will choose light pink, light blue or some other charming colors; for a fashion theme, you will choose red, purple etc. Yellow, doesn't suite your theme.. Please don't mind but except the header everything is okay..

I like the retro look with the header its just a shame you have not continued to design the body and footer :(

 

This. Also the menu items aren't consistently spaced, looks odd.

I personally think that colors play a wide role in a theme.. Like, if you are designing a website for babies you will choose light pink, light blue or some other charming colors; for a fashion theme, you will choose red, purple etc. Yellow, doesn't suite your theme.. Please don't mind but except the header everything is okay..

 

Palmgeo's right. +1

Edited by urbanelementz

Love the header, the menu could use some work. also like the slideshow, been looking for something like that, did you make that by yourself?

Love the header, the menu could use some work. also like the slideshow, been looking for something like that, did you make that by yourself?

 

No. He didn't make that by himself. There's quite a few slideshows available out there. Here's one that's almost identical.

 

Nivo Slider

 

I use it on My Website and it's extremely customizable.

 

Good luck!

+1 for me. =0)

Edited by urbanelementz

I agree about the header. The question is - did you draw that yourself?

 

If the answer is no, then personally if I was designing this site, I'd outsource a bit of the design over to that person so that you could make the whole site look like that. Try and grab a few more bespoke illustrations off them that you could use. The whole site styled like the header really would be something special and atmospheric.

 

If the answer's yes, then get to that drawing board is the best thing you could do for this site at the moment I think.

 

Also, I'm never too sure about the rollover glow on nav items nowadays. I used to quite like that a few years ago, but I think it looks a bit caned and dated now.

Edited by Gibson

use grid. Also I had no idea what the site is about, had to look for info there.

 

Make your tag line more visible

I like your retro style header. But I think you left to much free space at the bottom of your font page.

Oh by the way, contrary to what the others have said, I quite like the yellow. It's retro.

 

Gibson is right (+1). You don't see that color used very often so good on you for going outside the box. Contrary to what I said above, I kinda like the yellow now. Just make sure you use it in the proper way. Good luck.

It looks like a great start but the unfilled spaces makes it look so unfinished, really good start though!

Keep the header, the logo and car are definitely something to build off. But below that, it lacks thought in design.

 

There's things you want to focus on, What is the site for? and who is your target audience? In this case, you're searching for people who may love to site see, so why not bring that experience to them online. The slide show idea is correct, but it lacks presentation. The pictures are beautiful but it has no support from the design, its like a cake with no icing.

 

As a designer you never want to rush, it usually take me 2 or 3 revisions before I settle with the direction I'm going.

 

Hope this helps, and your site has a Lot of potential.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.