Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Hosting & Payments?

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I have just set up reseller hosting and wondered; If my client wants to pay monthly, whats the best way to take payment?

Direct Debit? If so, How do I setup a Direct Debit?

 

I use Project Bubble for invoicing, which gives my clients to choice of paying via paypal or directly into my bank account.

 

Thanks

 

Huw

Hi,

 

I have just set up reseller hosting and wondered; If my client wants to pay monthly, whats the best way to take payment?

Direct Debit? If so, How do I setup a Direct Debit?

 

I use Project Bubble for invoicing, which gives my clients to choice of paying via paypal or directly into my bank account.

 

Thanks

 

Huw

 

Hi, I believe you cannot offer direct debits unless you are a 'substantial' company, have plenty of funds in your account to adhere to the 'direct debit guarantee' etc.

 

May be wrong tho...

Hi, I believe you cannot offer direct debits unless you are a 'substantial' company, have plenty of funds in your account to adhere to the 'direct debit guarantee' etc.

 

May be wrong tho...

Just get your client to set up a standing order with their bank.

  • Author

Just get your client to set up a standing order with their bank.

Cheers Darren, Good idea. Hopefully, the majority will pay for a year up front. Less hassle that way!

 

Thanks again

Cheers Darren, Good idea. Hopefully, the majority will pay for a year up front. Less hassle that way!

 

Thanks again

 

Alot of people dont because they want to give (smaller hosting companies) a trial first... Trying offering some type of (commit to us for a year and get your first month free!) type of deal.. or something along those lines! Give them reasons to pay for the entire year!

 

GL!

  • 2 weeks later...

Hi,

 

I have just set up reseller hosting and wondered; If my client wants to pay monthly, whats the best way to take payment?

Direct Debit? If so, How do I setup a Direct Debit?

 

I use Project Bubble for invoicing, which gives my clients to choice of paying via paypal or directly into my bank account.

 

Thanks

 

Huw

 

 

 

Hi,

 

My preference is its better to use paypal and alert pay or money booker. I am also using it. Furthermore you can also use wire transfer, which is fastest.

If my client wants to pay monthly, whats the best way to take payment?

Direct Debit? If so, How do I setup a Direct Debit?

I am surprised you have not discussed directly with your Business Bank account provider

There are normally no restrictions on setting this up, unless you have been trading for more than 12 months and have a seriously low turnover

 

There is normally a setup fee for the Originators Code, which allows monies to transfer between your clients bank account and yours

There will then be a monthly fee and a transaction fee

However, as above, you will need to find out from your bank what their arrangements are

 

My business bank account is with Bank Of Scotland

As I use their online service there was no setup fee, as this was included when the account was first setup (first year free), but it would normally be £75

Each Direct Debit costs £4.50 to setup then 9.8p

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.