Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Freelancer.com

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

Has anyone used Freelancer.com for outsourcing / bidding for work?

 

I am interested to hear peoples views, opinions and experiences with it.

 

Thanks :)

  • Author

it's probably filled with people that aren't freelancers?

 

What do you mean Zed, as in companies?

I have an account though, but it's hard to use it esp when you're new. There are so many projects but you'll have the chance to get them if your bid is low and you're rep is high and have good reviews.

  • Author

It seems to be expensive also :(

I've also got an account with that site. I haven't tried hiring anyone on there but I have bid for many projects. The problem is that there is always someone on there that will do the work for a lot cheaper than you're willing to. I've seen people agreeing to build websites on there for less than $100. This is due to the fact there are companies in Asia that are what I can only describe as coding sweatshops. They're hard to compete with on price but the quality is usually fairly poor. I would only use their services for functions and SEO (building back links etc)

I'm a freelancer on there, but not had the time to bid on anything as of yet and unlikely to in the future.

Its not the place for the UK people to earn a lot of money, great for collage, uni people to get there bear money.

 

Put it this way, a full dynamic website which we would charge a client at least a £1000, an indian person from india will bid only $150.

 

So a weeks work for £80 lol.

 

Never used to outsource work so i couldnt tell you about that.

We have a similar thing in germany not only for freelancers but for all kinds of services. I dont write the name cause they dont seem to be very "reputable", so I just call em CheapCraft.

 

There`s lots of rumors going around CheapCraft, not only that they ruin the pricing of every reputable service provider or craftsman, there are cases where CheapCraft itself bid down or up single job postings to earn more money.

 

Like RobertG said, if you live in india 150$ is a good income for a week of work. In germany or UK you can pay s**t with 600$/month.

but i think its a good way to get some experience and make something for portfolio regarding price its true that for uk people there might be not enough money but at least u know where the wind is blowing by doing some projects

 

It seems to be expensive also :(

 

expensive?

it has got free membership

99designs.com

 

Thats a place that does web site designs and logos etc. People bid for alot of money, but there is a lot of competition

Personally, we would always employ people rather than outsource. Over the years I have heard so many horror stories about outsourcing I daren't put my foot in the water.

I used (geta)Freelancer on a project to build a simple 4 page site for a wedding video company about 2 years back: It was an info page, pricing page, showreel video page and contact form.

 

I needed something online quick as i'd been offered a place at a Wedding Fayre at a posh venue and I didn't have time to get the funds together to meet the prices the local companies were wanting for the same thing and the ones I could have afforded were talking about it taking weeks!

 

The bids i got on the project ranged from around $100 up to around $900 and I settled on a designer from India who quoted $230. I chose him as his portfolio was as good as the designers who were wanting 3 times as much and his communications were written about the project i posted and not stuff that was generic cut and paste waffle. There were some very low bids which I discounted as the bidders had no portfolio material to back up their claims.

 

The site was delivered quickly, the desinger worked office hours here so he would be available and we discussed things via MSN. The site was reasonable and It did the job.

 

I reposted a project for the same designer to put together business cards,stationary and tri fold a4 brochures which he did for an extra $30.

 

Overall it was a good experience. Though I only kept the site online for a few months as the design began to look dated very fast.

I once bid for a project...psd to wordpress...150$ , a guy won with a bid of 30$ and that was all my experience with Freelancer.com

I once bid for a project...psd to wordpress...150$ , a guy won with a bid of 30$ and that was all my experience with Freelancer.com

I think for any tasks that require more time and effort and less "creativity" you'll always find someone willing to work for peanuts and people willing to pay peanuts to get jobs like that done.

 

Whilst i;ve had an almost disposable website designed via outsourcing before I'd never want to have my main business design or web work carried out by anyone for who English wasn't their first language and who didnt have a real grounding in or good understanding of the UK, our business and our culture. Afterall somethings just don't translate Internationally.

Hey all,

 

Has anyone used Freelancer.com for outsourcing / bidding for work?

 

I am interested to hear peoples views, opinions and experiences with it.

 

Thanks :)

 

 

To know more about Freelancer.com, type Getafreelancer.com Scam on Google and know some facts

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.