Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is it agud habbit to backup your site

Featured Replies

Hello friends ,

 

Do you guys always keep a backup of your site in case of  potential server crash

 

 

I'll always keep a local back-up and then I back up my MAC on an external 500gb HD every week - it is a good habit to be in :)

I do back up files and databases, but amazingly NEVER had a server or HD crash resulting in loss of data.

 

I think I probably just jinxed it no-----------------

I do back up files and databases, but amazingly NEVER had a server or HD crash resulting in loss of data.

 

I think I probably just jinxed it no-----------------

 

HDD crashes can easily be avoided if companies do regular health checks on their hardware. Unfortunately, may companies are reluctant to do such checks.

I do back up files and databases, but amazingly NEVER had a server or HD crash resulting in loss of data.

 

I think I probably just jinxed it no-----------------

 

You'll never know how useful it is till it happens, and alot of people don't do it till it happens. I learnt my lesson from a fecking power surge, apparently...

What about hackers? I think backing up your data is a good form.

Backups are very important. We had a total drive failure on one of our servers last week. Luckily we had CDP backups in place but I shudder to think what could have happened if we didn't.

 

BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.