Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Help me to choose hosting company

Featured Replies

I was searching for free hosting quite long time for my blog. I was thinking about 150m.com

But friend offered to take a look at payed hosting service - host1plus. They quite cheap.

SO please help me to choose which of them are better to start a blog with quite new idea.

Neither... Host1plus oversell and have some crazy bits of info in their tos.... Pay a bit more and choose a decent provider :)

 

On a side note, we do hosting and have a good rep for doing so :)

150m.com won't be able to help you as their free hosting does not support MySQL (needed to run a blog).

 

I can't say I know much about Host1Plus. Though try not to get caught up looking for dirt cheap hosting, as often that reflects on the quality of it too.

  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Neither... Host1plus oversell and have some crazy bits of info in their tos.... Pay a bit more and choose a decent provider :)

 

On a side note, we do hosting and have a good rep for doing so :)

 

Do you have any proof about Host1Plus overseling? And please tell me what is wrong with their TOS ?

I'm asking for this, because it looks like you just promoting your services by telling that others are peace of **** :)))

Do you have any proof about Host1Plus overseling? And please tell me what is wrong with their TOS ?

I'm asking for this, because it looks like you just promoting your services by telling that others are peace of **** :) ))

 

Please kindly provide a link to your "unlimited" hard drive space supplier. ;)

Please kindly provide a link to your "unlimited" hard drive space supplier. ;)

 

: ) Before started using Host1Plus services, I have a conversation about it with support team.

They told me that they have average calculations how much space user will be using and if they will be out of space, they will insert more terabytes, because they strategy and mission is not oversell...

 

That's why I asking for real proofs : )

Hi Pete,

 

I don't agree that I am making biased remarks just to promote my own company. As posted in my signature "My views and opinions are my own and in no way do they represent the company I work for..."

 

If there mission strategy is to not oversell then why do they advertise Unlimited Disc Space and Bandwidth...

Instead would it not be wise to change it to sommet like 'Endless Disc Space' if they will top it up after a client goes over say 50GB space.

 

Lets say their uk server has around has 250GB worth of storage, 2000GB Transfer and is priced at £120 a month. Based on the current exchange rate of $ - £, $3.95 (midi plan) = £2.40 per month per account... You then take off PayPal fees of 3.4% + 20p giving you a total of: £2.11 per midi account per month.

 

To break even they would need to sell 57 accounts... but wait... The plan comes with a listed 50GB of space... So to provide the true service they say they can, they would need 2850 GB of space per server...

 

They could only fit 5 accounts on the server before they are overselling on disc. The income from those 5 clients being 10.55 per month... Thats a 109.45 loss unless they oversell...

 

In this case they cannot afford not to oversell... Even with bigger drives of say 500, 750GB they would have to oversell to break even.

Let's not get too heated here....

Everything is ok. We are not going to fight here.

 

I'm just trying to know more about hosting services and especially Host1Plus, because I like them for they services and support. But I always ready to listen others opinion, experience : ) at the moment I don't have knowledge about this overselling issue, but I'm going to provide this forum link for Host1Plus support team, maybe they can register and talk here more than I.

 

Thank You guys

Everything is ok. We are not going to fight here.

 

I'm just trying to know more about hosting services and especially Host1Plus, because I like them for they services and support. But I always ready to listen others opinion, experience : ) at the moment I don't have knowledge about this overselling issue, but I'm going to provide this forum link for Host1Plus support team, maybe they can register and talk here more than I.

 

Thank You guys

 

Do you now own/work for Hostplus?

 

Bit strange that you have their company details in your signature. :unsure:

Considering host1plus.com was only registered last year I think we can probably say that they don't have the resources to provide unlimited everything for $2.90 per month.

 

At least with the likes of Dreamhost et al, they have some financial muscle - unreliable as they may be from time to time, you can actually use a lot of resources before you're considered an abuser.

TO CSNM-Carl:

No I'm not working or own Host1Plus, I have some friendly relationship with it, in my signature ;)

 

To DarrenL:

Your opinion is quite wrong, I think so because today most of business luck (service quality) depends from money which you investing in it's infrastucture and advertisements, marketing, seo. Time is not so important anymore (My personal opinion) and from things which I know that Host1Plus thinking the same.

What about dreamhost, I don't know exactly but it looks that they are just making money from all fools (sorry if there is dreamhost customers) who beleive that good hosting must have big price...

How is time not important to the running of a business? Its taken me just over a year of solid hard work with little breaks to build up a good reputation for my company in the hosting industry.

 

Yes to an extent funding does matter because if you have no money you have no hosting! However people remember the service more than the price.

If I may just add my contribution to the discussion, again I'm trying to be as impartial as possible - so please ignore my affiliation with any businesses I represent.

 

At the end of the day the old saying "you get what you pay for" really does mean a lot. For example I know Rob the other night was up at one in the morning supporting a customer. Would you get that with these cheap hosts who claim to offer unlimited services for ridiculous amounts a month? I doubt it, I can sleep well at night knowing that my sites are hosted with a supplier who has the resources to support me any time of the day, paying a higher markup doesn't bother me for this reason; it ensures that the platform is stable and I have a real number I can ring if anything goes wrong.

 

Hopefully one day consumers will realise that unlimited doesn't mean a thing, and besides if you were using 1TB in disk space what on earth are you hosting?

 

 

Chris

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.