Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

business cards

Featured Replies

I am in the process of ordering some from cardsmadeeasy, it was number one in google for the search term 'business card' so that was good enough for me!

 

Price is average, £32 for 100, although I'm yet to see the quality so can't comment on that. I have been waiting for over a week now but that's just due to changes and amendments that I've had to make. Tip for you... Vectorise all your graphics to save time!

Is this for you and your 'web design company' if so design your own and get them professionally printed, rather than a cheap site that offers them for next to nothing. A business card is something you give someone as way to remember you, so you want that impression when they look at your business card when you are not there to be a good one.

 

 

So go to local printers and ask them about sizes and bleeds, dpi and anything else that you need to know about the designing of a business card, also ask to see examples on different types of card so that you know what quality you would be getting and also the pricing :)

 

 

Its always better to see the quality and with internet sites you usually don't.

 

 

As you offer a logo design service I don't need to tell you about vector and high quality as you will already know this.

dont use vistaprint, my friend had some done there and the print is all over the place, easily 2-3mm out on some of them. I once got some mini-moo cards from moo they were amazing quality and reall quick turn around. i will be using them again when the time comes, they are a little more expensive than the usual online printers thoo. but its your business and whats a tenner per 50 huh?

i used vista print and got 250 for about £13 (inc shipping etc)

 

i designed it myself with the pdf i downloaded the quality seems ok.. a little darker but to be fair i forgot to design it in cymk

  • Author
i used vista print and got 250 for about £13 (inc shipping etc)

 

i designed it myself with the pdf i downloaded the quality seems ok.. a little darker but to be fair i forgot to design it in cymk

 

I brought 100 business cards from goodprint.co.uk

 

They havnt come yet...

 

tbh..not sure what companys/shops to give them to

 

:L

I brought 100 business cards from goodprint.co.uk

 

They havnt come yet...

 

tbh..not sure what companys/shops to give them to

 

:L

 

i have this problem also, though i was just getting my haircut and you know how natty hairdressers - we had this huge conversation about business... then she asked for my card

 

its not very economic to run around using services just to talk to people, though i think i shall pop into some places and exchange websites for them distributing business cards/getting me clients

Try Vista Print

 

Clicky

 

You can get 250 free, but only downside is that you have to have their logo on the back of them - or you can pay a small fee and remove their logo from the back of your card.

eeeek vistaprint cards are horrible. cheap, the layout is often wrong, they also scam you into paying for other services (not me a friend) dont use them. your business card is your representing your business, you dont want to seem cheap/budget.

I disagree, our cards are great.

 

...but then we did do our own design and upload them.

 

I have no idea what their designs look like or how good they are, and that's the first complaint I've ever heard about them.

try printing.com

 

They seem to have good general service, though I guess it depends on location (they are a franchise based company).

 

They usually have good special offers on.

i used vista print and got 250 for about £13 (inc shipping etc)

 

I did the same

  • Author

my cards came yesterday..

 

now what do I do with them?

 

:L

Mine arrived the other day from cardsmadeeasy and they are brilliant quality! It took a while going back and forth with design amendments from both our parts but in the end I'm very happy with the results!

 

The next step is to meet loads of new people, network and hand out as many cards as you can. If ever you needed a reason to be more sociable, you won't get a better reason! :D

I got my cards from VistaPrint. I downloaded the AI business card blank template, designed the cards myself using Adobe Illustrator. And when I received them, it came out perfect. It will come out right if your AI file that you upload to them is right. Very good price. Just have to learn to navigate around all their extras that they want to "suggestive sell" to you.

  • 2 weeks later...
can anyone reccomend and good sites for buying business cards?

 

www.solopress.com is the best, bit expensive but quality is great.......... i printed so far almost 5,000 cards. :pp

  • 4 weeks later...
This guys make the best cards ever http://www.premierplasticcards.co.uk/index.php

 

Mine came from there, they're top notch. I also bought some from another company which did them in a sheet metal, again they were pretty nice.

 

Request sample cards before you buy, they come in a few days, and it's better to hold off a little than waste your money on cheap tac.

 

Although the sample cards seem to always be very poorly designed :( so try to ignore the lack of artistic eye :p

Interesting, thank you very much. I'll currently be in need of a few hundred business cards. I used my local Staples store, but to be honest with you the print quality was very poor.

 

How do you rate Premier Plastic Cards print quality. e.g.is the print/ink very washy/faded or is it a really strong solid coating ?

i used vista print and got 250 for about £13 (inc shipping etc)

 

i designed it myself with the pdf i downloaded the quality seems ok.. a little darker but to be fair i forgot to design it in cymk

 

 

Hi sunlight,

 

Any feedback from vistaprint? I ordered some juist before christmas.. am waiting for them to arrive, they were shipped within 2 days but I selected the slowest shipping method and they seem to be taking agees...

I would like to print my own, but I tried printing on card stock with my printer and the printing smudged. My printer is an HP colour laserjet. Is that the sort of printer that should do the job? I just don't want to have to deal with waiting a few weeks only to find out that the company I choose has delivered me several hundred poor quality cards.

We deal direct with a company called RCS... Outstanding quality especially on our cards - 400GSM Matt Art Card with Silk Lamination...

 

Link: http://www.rcs.plc.uk

 

VistaPrint are cheap and nasty, compare them to a professional printers and you will never EVER go back.

  • 2 weeks later...

Cheers for the links, have ran out of my current batch I had as a free trial. RCS looks a good call.

 

Any advice on when designing your own cards what to/not to do?

 

Previous design has background image on whole card and I wondered if a cleaner white background with logo and text would prove more readable, but not so impactive?

Cheers for the links, have ran out of my current batch I had as a free trial. RCS looks a good call.

 

Any advice on when designing your own cards what to/not to do?

 

Previous design has background image on whole card and I wondered if a cleaner white background with logo and text would prove more readable, but not so impactive?

 

Personal preference but I feel that clean style cards with more white space look more professional. Every bit of information on the card should be important so each will require its own breathing space otherwise it looks cluttered. Go clean, less is more, it's the way of the future!

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.