Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

yellowcake

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by yellowcake

  1. http://danuve.deviantart.com mostly anime artworks
  2. yellowcake replied to Scott S's topic in General Chat
    nothing there.. i was copying an album image to be pasted to my iTunes D:
  3. yellowcake replied to Skysurge's topic in General Chat
    I don't drink coffee I've tried it to remove my sleepiness but it didn't do the thing.
  4. Brainstorming! Starting something over again's hard Seek for some inspirations
  5. It's when I was in 3rd grade elementary school :-O
  6. Lol you've just stated what I want to say http://ndesign-studio.com ?
  7. I don't prefer WYSIWYG tools TextMate's the best choice for me
  8. Does anyone know Webcreme.com ? My friend told me that site and I couldn't open it till' now what's wrong? Just want to add more: http://www.bittbox.com http://www.lostandtaken.com
  9. xhtml. sounds more professional?
  10. yellowcake replied to traxor's topic in General Chat
    agree. I think it's better in other blogging tools, such as wordpress. No offense, that I don't really like the blogger commenting system. I love its darkness anyways xD cool! And interesting articles you have there
  11. 19 out of 20.. (again) Incorrect in capitalisation
  12. w00t. 19 out of 20
  13. http://smashingmagazine.com I subscribed it
  14. here comes another newcomer! I wonder why this forum is crowded by new members amazing. welcome, Robbert-Jan de Jong! How should I call u? is Robbert okay? te-heh.
  15. AAarhh! I've missed it! I should visit this topic first. Sorry about that My name is visien, a 15 years old Indonesian kid who used to be a very bad design learner Found this forum from? Search Engine! Google! yeah, I was looking for dizi design. Yo, you must be proud of it! Well, That's all
  16. Lol, i don't really know how to use dreamweaver, or other WYSIWYG editors. I use Coda (mac) because it has syntax-highlighting, number lines, shift-right and left (what is it called? I mean.. the tool that requires command+shift+] shortkey). before I use coda, I used Crimson Editor. Crimson Editor is a good choice for windows user
  17. great, I like scott's . We have the same opinion. I always reject IE, lol. mine is describing my nickname. it's a Yellowcake!
  18. deaadddlyy nice! ALA makes my day
  19. cool. I need thousand years to create wordpress themes since the first time I set it up. I'm waiting for the result!
  20. yes. sorry my english is bbbaaad i'll try it after I finish my school (lol, I do online at school). thanks for the help
  21. yes but there're choices. i might set the background so it will be darker and match the one in safari, or i might set the background so it will be lighter and match the one in firefox. and I still don't know if I test it on IE tomorrow at school (mac doesn't have IE things). Thanks for the help!! you guys are amazing any other suggestions?
  22. I see that there is no introduction topic here =\ or am I wrong? Thomas: yes, a jpeg. this is always bothers me because the colour in I saw in firefox is like you've ddesigned something perfectly and someone accidentally threw his/her drink onto your work, and duh! it faded away! notbansky: yeah, i've tried that one too. but still, pngs are better than gifs. the border of the image becomes jaggy oh look at this poor little creature. jaggy! or should I use some techniques to prevent this 'jag'?
  23. Well, as you guys know that IE 6 and less can't view PNG's transparency. I've made a layout that really really really required to be saved as PNG files. FYI: I'm a mac user. I used photoshop cs3 to design this layout. and of course, I'm a beginner that don't really know about colours, etc etc. This is the example of the layout: There is a wooden texture there. So I need to create the background from the wooden texture too. I made it repeat-y so that it will make smooth movements as I scroll the web downward. This will not look messy because I've made it as pattern. Because the background is a random-wooden-texture, I need to make the header transparent like this: but there's certainly a problem! IE's PNG disability! I've tried to use css hacks like the "filter:DXblablabla and so on and so on..". But only IE can stand on it. No other browsers in this world understands that. I decided to change the layout into this: See the blank-coloured space on the bottom of the header? (to be exact, above the navigation) At least I could fix the IE's PNG problem by saving images as JPG. PNGs are not needed now because I'm going to change the background into a background-color, not background: url(...) anymore and here comes the other problem! wow it works fine on mozilla firefox. but hey.. huh? what?! why are the colours different?! Oh no, I'm frustrated now. Can someone send me a help? While I'm going to post some introduction post since I'm still a new member

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.