Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Installing Wordpress... Help!

Featured Replies

hi all,

 

I've decided to try out installing wordpress however I'm stumped as to how to install it and what I have to do.

 

I have no MySQL / SQL knowledge whatsoever and very limited PHP knowledge. Can anyone give me guidance as to what to do and how to go about doing it? Sorry for being such a pain, this is probably a very demanding task. However, I would be extremely grateful if some guidance was given.

 

 

Ravi

Have you went through the instructions on the Wordpress site?

 

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

 

or the more detailed one

 

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Word...ed_Instructions

 

 

 

If yes then are you sure that your site allows you to have a php and a mysql database?

 

If yes then Have you set up your msql database (your hosting provider will give you information on how this is done, and also the information you need to access it (password..ect))

If you have cPanel, you can set up a mysql database there.

 

You will need:

 

mysql database name

mysql username

username's password for the database

 

Edit your wp-config-sample.php with that information and rename it to wp-config.php.

 

Upload everything, and follow the instructions. It's simple after that. :)

First does your web host allow MySQL, most of them do.

 

If you have something on your web host called fantistico you can automatically install it and then upgrade to 2.5.

  • Author
Have you went through the instructions on the Wordpress site?

 

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_WordPress

 

or the more detailed one

 

http://codex.wordpress.org/Installing_Word...ed_Instructions

If yes then are you sure that your site allows you to have a php and a mysql database?

 

If yes then Have you set up your msql database (your hosting provider will give you information on how this is done, and also the information you need to access it (password..ect))

 

 

Thanks, that helped me walk through it!

 

If you have cPanel, you can set up a mysql database there.

 

You will need:

 

mysql database name

mysql username

username's password for the database

 

Edit your wp-config-sample.php with that information and rename it to wp-config.php.

 

Upload everything, and follow the instructions. It's simple after that. :)

 

that sample file was a lifesaver. Thanks so much for your help.

 

 

-- All setup now!

 

Ravi

  • Author
:yahoo: I hope you will show us what you do with it :yahoo:

 

will do :) I'm currently in the process of 'CSSing' my theme and and doing all the nitty gritty bits that require attention to detail.

cool. I need thousand years to create wordpress themes since the first time I set it up. I'm waiting for the result!

  • Author
cool. I need thousand years to create wordpress themes since the first time I set it up. I'm waiting for the result!

 

I know what you mean *nods*

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.