Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wordpress 2.5

Featured Replies

I bit the bullet and I'm setting up my new website with the RC1 release. It's gonna take me another month or so before it is released (perfectionism at it's finest!), so by that time I'm hoping the public version has been released for me to upgrade to.

 

I thought that was a better idea than using 2.4 and then having to muck about with plugin upgrades and the like when I move to 2.5.

 

I'm mighty impressed with 2.5 so far, though! The features are great, and the new layout is slowly getting easier to use.

Mmmmm, Wordpress 2.5 - think I need to update (read: redo!) my site with the RC1 version too. But as it's been said, plugin compatibility is always going to be an issue <_<

 

So, what are your first impressions of 2.5? How much different is it to previous versions? I'll post my remarks once I get around to actually playing with it - but that will probably around the same time 2.6 is ready for release, ha ha.

Most of the good plugins seem to support 2.5, at least all the ones I use anyway. I'm sure that the popular ones will be updated fairly quickly.

 

Wordpress is looking really slick now, it's much easier to use as a CMS now, rather than a simple blogging platform. The image/media uploading and managing is so much better than it was in 2.4, and is probably one of my favourite new additions.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.