Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

soulpig

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by soulpig

  1. Thanks for your help...thats easier
  2. Hi I have a large amount of pics to put on a DW website.When I import them into FW they usually open at 2848 x 2136 Is there a way i can import them so they fit onto a much smaller canvas?If I change canvas or image size it simply takes a small chunk of the image rather than shrinking the whole image. I am currently just dragging them to make them smaller or calculating the size and entering figures in properties box but it bit fiddly and i wish to keep similar proportions to the original pic Thaks in advance for any help
  3. I have tried using these instructions but without sucess...Am I missing something? # Select the link (either text / link) to play sound and open the Behaviors panel. # Click Add (+) button and select the 'Play Sound' option from the Actions pop-up menu. # Select the sound file by clicking the browse button, or enter the filename path in the 'Play Sound' text box and click Ok. # Select the desired event to play the music/sound. For more events, change the target browser in the 'Show Events For' pop-up menu. # The coding necessary to play the selected sound file is automatically generated by Dreamweaver. # Save and test your file in a web browser. That's it you've learnt how to play music/sound in a web page when an event is triggered
  4. I recently had to re-install windows and I had backed up website files before although I didnt export the site definitions. Anyway I have uploaded the website details afterwards via dreamweaver and entered Ftp passwords and usernames for different sites.I now have lots of problems uploading updates to the existing sites.Some of files seem to upload but the site does not change on the web... On one of my sites the home page is now blank and reads http://www.yorksoulclub.com/httpdocsindex.html instead of http://www.yorksoulclub.com/index.html Any help most welcome!
  5. soulpig commented on jimmi's gallery image in Photography
  6. Hi I recently re-installed windows on pc.I saved my website files beforehand. I have just re-installed DW and wondered what is the best way to import and upload the existing sites?
  7. soulpig posted a topic in Website Hosting
    I currently pay £74.99 for 2gb webspace + 25gb monthly band space.Does this look a reasonable deal?.I see there are lots of free hosting packages out there but whats the catch?
  8. What if you had what you consider a mega idea for a website.Can you somehow register it almost like a patent to protect the idea whilst you figure out the best way/resources to do it?
  9. Many thanks for the replies.I see what you mean...How do I rectify it and get the urls to link to the server and not the local drive?
  10. I have designed a website a few years ago and I only need to update it occasionally using dreamweaver mx 2004. I recently updated home page but it has not uploaded properly see http://www.petraprints.com/ Other pages on the site seem unaffected and will update ok for example http://www.petraprints.com/page2.html but without homepage they are not easily accessible. I asked web host for advice and they sent message saying index.html could be corrupted.What does this mean?How can it be fixed? BTW i know the site itself is a pile of crap but thats not the problem at the mo!
  11. What is easiest way to convert these files...I have a high res pdf that I wish to use on a site created using Dreamweaver and Fireworks. Thanks in advance for any help...
  12. I am having problems retrieving the FTP username and password for a site i did a while ago.I have contacted the hosting company who say my e mail is not on their records and i should get info I require via the Plesk control panel Is the plesk control panel a sort of neutral place that info is stored? I thought I needed the ftp username and password to access the plesk control panel...which leads me round in a circle.
  13. Cheers Scott
  14. I created a website in DW MX 2004 a while ago.I have now updated it using DW 8. What is the easiest/safest way to upload the new site?Should I delete the old site in local and remote view in MX, then upload updated version using DW 8? Thanks in advance for info.
  15. A friend has bought a domain name and has asked me to create a website...What info do I need from them to be able to upload it? Thanks in advance
  16. Thanks for info it does help...I didnt realise I had to keep a separate folder of the original png. I dont seem to get prompted though...Its not a matter of if I f**k up but when, so handy to know....Thanks again
  17. I am creating images in fireworks then putting them into dreamwever website via export preview as a JPEG. I don't always seem to be able to edit them if i need to, although sometimes they are ok to edit...Not sure what I am doing differently. What is the best way to save them in order to be able to edit them in future?
  18. Yes! Got it now!!!! Many thanks to both of you for your help.Originally I was clicking on circle instead of background!
  19. Thanks for your help.I have tried without success.I draw the vector circle,select image, click the circle I created BUT when I paste inside, the image I wish to crop vanishes, the outline of the vector circle goes yellow and properties panel shows a vector mask...please advise
  20. Is it possible to crop an image in a circular shape?
  21. Can anyone recommend a free slideshow to view photos in dreamweaver... I have used the create web photo album option which does the job but is very bland and boring. I am a web design novice.
  22. I have the directory as httpdocs/ on both. I thought this was the norm...I have tried changing it but get error message...Any help would be most welcome.
  23. I have recently uploaded two sites to the same webserver...However they have both gone to the same location so I can only open one of them. In remote view they are all lumped together as if they are one site.I have used dreamweaver to upload and have uploaded them before using DW without problem. Is there something obvious that I have done wrong this time?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.