Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

AblazeRich

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by AblazeRich

  1. Jack: I believe I can get to it. But isn't there any easier way? A plug in that someone recommends? Jane: Reg the Easy Fancy Box, it does not appear to be responsive: "The lightbox does not look good on mobile devices. What can I do about that? The FancyBox 1.3.4 script that is used in this plugin was not developed with mobile devices in mind. The only way around this issue is currently to disable FancyBox for small screen sizes. You can do this by adding a text widget in your sidebar with the following code snippet." https://wordpress.org/plugins/easy-fancybox/faq/
  2. Thanks Jack, I would've thought that would be a bit of a mission: http://phoenixayahuasca.com/retreat-gallery/#.VGCen8m6hig
  3. Thanks for that Wyn, so its not the font code that is putting it in.... so why are my counters not recording properly? They are often on zero, even though I have shared pages myself and every week get an email about a couple more shares on the website.... Any ideas?
  4. HI, I am doing some work for a clients Wordpress site. The main website is responsive, but the gallery isn't. Can anyone recommend any good (and free) responsive wordpress galleries? Regards Rich
  5. Don't think its the CMS, as I use the same CMS on several websites. I think its something to do with the Webfont or perhaps some other bit of Analytics software. I can't seem to get rid of it though...
  6. Sorry put this in the wrong bit. Think it should be in the CSS/Javascript section... Can the moderators move this please?
  7. Hi All, I am doing some work on my clients website: www.mason-uk.co.uk They have their own font that they use, and I think it (or the code to do with it) adds a strange extension onto the file names in the browser, this changes each time that page loads: (it might not be this) Example: http://www.masonuk.co.uk/application.asp?pid=4#.VD_oufldXnE (the #.VD_oufldXnE is the added on bit - this is the bit that changes each time the page is loaded) Now I have been using Addthis share buttons on the website for over a year, and they get used several times a week. So I know they should be listing in the dozens or even hundreds for the main pages. But they mostly list as zero. I believe Addthis records which page has been shared by its exact web address. Herein lies the problem. The web address keeps changing due to this strange extension (which I think is to do with the font - but perhaps not). So therefore when it loads with a different extension it doesn't show in the counter the shares that have been made with other extensions Does anyone know what to do with this issue? Has anyone experienced this or something similar? How did they get around it? Is there a way to overide the web address displayed and shared? Thanks again guys Regards Rich
  8. What does the 'deflate for speed' do?
  9. I think that the .htaccess file is used for Linux servers. Unfortunately this website is on Windows servers, so I think you use the httpd.ini file
  10. I am working on my clients websites. The are issues with the httpd.ini file, this is supposed to redirect automatically visitors to the old web pages onto the new pages. But its not working. Can anyone give advice on how to use this correctly? The redirects at the top (subdomain redirects) work, but the redirects further down (ISAPI_Rewrite) don't Any advice welcome as this is an area I don't know much about. Kind Regards Rich The code in the file is: [iSAPI_Rewrite] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ronwheelocksayahuascacenter\.com RewriteCond URL ^/elpurguero/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/elpurguero/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ronwheelocksayahuascacenter\.com RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/elpurguero/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ronwheelocksayahuascacenter\.com RewriteRule (.*) /elpurguero/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ablazegraphics\.co\.uk RewriteCond URL ^/ablazegraphics/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/ablazegraphics/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ablazegraphics\.co\.uk RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/ablazegraphics/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?ablazegraphics\.co\.uk RewriteRule (.*) /ablazegraphics/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?revoltingmass\.com RewriteCond URL ^/revoltingmass/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/revoltingmass/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?revoltingmass\.com RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/revoltingmass/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?revoltingmass\.com RewriteRule (.*) /revoltingmass/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?punkdesign\.co\.uk RewriteCond URL ^/punkdesign/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/punkdesign/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?punkdesign\.co\.uk RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/punkdesign/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?punkdesign\.co\.uk RewriteRule (.*) /punkdesign/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.de RewriteCond URL ^/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/(.*) /$1 [i,L] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.de RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.de RewriteRule (.*) /$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.se RewriteCond URL ^/dk/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/dk/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.se RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/dk/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.se RewriteRule (.*) /dk/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.it RewriteCond URL ^/it/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/it/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.it RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/it/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.it RewriteRule (.*) /it/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.dk RewriteCond URL ^/dk/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/dk/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.dk RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/dk/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.dk RewriteRule (.*) /dk/$1 [i,L] ### subdomain redirect v2 ### RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.es RewriteCond URL ^/es/(.*) RewriteCond METHOD GET RewriteRule ^/es/(.*) /$1 [i,R] RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.es RewriteCond METHOD POST RewriteRule ^/es/(.*) /$1 RewriteCond Host: (?:.+\.)?masonuk\.es RewriteRule (.*) /es/$1 [i,L] [iSAPI_Rewrite] RewriteRule /floatingfloors\.html http\://www.mason-uk.co.uk/floatingfloors.asp [i,O,RP] RewriteRule /products\.html http\://www.mason-uk.co.uk/vibration-control-products\.asp [i,O,RP] RewriteRule /acoustic-vibration-control\.html http\://www.mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-engineering-services.asp [i,O,RP] RewriteRule /index\.html http\://www.mason-uk.co.uk/index.asp [i,O,RP] RewriteRule /pages/index\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/index.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/001s\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/photos.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/006s\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/photos.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring1\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring2\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring3\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring4\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring5\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring6\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airspring7\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/airsprings\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=428 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/basephoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=401 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/bases\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=401 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/basket\.asp http\://mason-uk.co.uk/index.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/ceilings\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-suspended-ceilings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/company\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/about-mason-uk.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/ceilings\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-suspended-ceilings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/concrete\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/photos.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/contacting\.asp http\://mason-uk.co.uk/contact.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/dnsaphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/dnsbphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/end\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/photos.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/hangerphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-suspended-ceilings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/hangers\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-suspended-ceilings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/home\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/index.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate1\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate2\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate3\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate4\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate5\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolate6\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/isolatepics\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolation-bearings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/jackup\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/links\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/links.asp RewriteRule /pages/manc11\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/manc22\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/manc33\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/manc44\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/manc55\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/manc66\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/martin\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/mount\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolated-rubber-mounts-pads.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/mounts\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/neophotos\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/neoprene\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=383 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/neoprenehangers\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/neoprene-hangers.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/news\.asp http\://mason-uk.co.uk/news.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/npsphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/past\.asp http\://mason-uk.co.uk/projects.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/pipe\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/flexible-pipe-connectors.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/Spring\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/spring2\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/isolated-spring-mounts.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/springhangers\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/spring-hangers.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/sprphotos\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/susphotos\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustic-suspended-ceilings.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swood\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swood11\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swood22\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swood33\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swood44\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/swwphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/team\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=382 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/tech\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/index.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/thanx\.asp http\://mason-uk.co.uk/contact.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/unknown\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/walls\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/wicphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/wicsmphoto\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/acoustically-isolated-walls.asp [i,RP] RewriteRule /pages/wooden\.html http\://mason-uk.co.uk/basket.asp?pid=440 [i,RP]
  11. Cheers man, works well. Although a bit annoying that you have to pay if you want it to show photos. Anyone know of one where you can get the photos bit for free? Its odd that you can get this with photos as a sidebar widget but not as a page...
  12. Hi All, Do you know about how to get a Facebook page's posts to appear on a page in Wordpress? Basically it would be nice for as much of the content as possible of the clients FB page to appear on the Wordpress News page. I found a Widget that does it, but I didn't want it in the sidebar I want it in the 'main' page area, so I found something that puts the widget there, but its the wrong shape and looks odd. You can see what I am attempting to do here: http://www.touringvanhire.com/news/ The bit that I want is the facebook box, but is there a way to get it to fill the page rather than in a narrow column like how it is now? Or does anyone know of a better way to go about this? Kind Regards Rich PS I found a way to put individual FB posts on the page, but this is not what we want. Essentially we want a feed from the FB and Twitter sites (BTW happy for the Twitter stuff to stay in the sidebar) to be the news page, as the client is not keen on learning the WP interface or having to do more on the internet than he absolutely has to.
  13. Hi, Thanks for that. Do you know about how to get a Facebook page's posts to appear on a page in Wordpress? I found a Widget that does it, but I want it in the 'main' page area, so I found something that puts the widget there, but its the wrong shape etc... You can see what I am attempting to do here: http://www.touringvanhire.com/news/ The bit that I want is the facebook box, but is there a way to get it to fill the page rather than in a narrow column like how it is now? Or does anyone know of a better way to go about this? Kind Regards Rich
  14. Dont most forums have 'no follow' programed into them? Also what is 'guest blogging'? Is that when you leave a comment? How does it differ to normal blogging?
  15. Thanks guys. Got it to pass the information from the email form to the mailing list sign up. It's not ideal, but it works. Check it out here: http://www.mason-uk.co.uk/contact.asp
  16. Thanks guys, Contacted Mailchimp, no joy, plenty of support for other languages, but I'm not really a back end developer, I only understand a bit of Classic ASP. Although if something was pretty much ready programmed I could always drag and drop it in. I had an idea, the current form sends the email and takes the user to a Thank You page, the Name, Email etc, could be passed to a second form -ready filled, with simply a button say 'Add to Mailing List' or similar. Its not ideal, but better than having two totally seperate forms... The question is whether I can make it work.... Any feedback on this as an idea?
  17. With the 3 way linking it doesn't go ahead unless I agree to it. I check out all the links and make sure they are all relevant. I also try and get one way incoming links as much as possible, but as we all know, these are trickier to come by. What is a ' naked-anchor' ?
  18. Before they were a few pages back for their main search terms, now they are on the first page for some of them. I don't see how your post could be read in any other way than personal insult, there is several ways for you to point out what you wanted to point out, but you chose a sarcastic, and demeaning way. Anyway, leave that now, I'm here to learn and improve my SEO. I always believed that incoming links AND good content were the combination that was necessary (as well as social media). That good content alone was not enough, unless it was so unbelievably great that people were linking naturally to it. And then the problem arises as to how people find it in the first place (before these natural links occur)
  19. Thanks for the insults. I came here for advice, not abuse. I thought forums were for helping people. I understand the value of content, so please do not assume I don't. With the link exchange reciprocal linking website I only exchange links with websites in a related field to mine - please explain how that is damaging? The websites I have done this for are doing much better now than they were.
  20. Its free, they specifically wanted to swap related links with one of my websites (well two in the end). They need to use some of my websites to do the 3 way links with. I know what you mean about it sounding dodgy, but it seems to be working, I've tried to make sure that the websites are related in some way. the websites are www.phoenixayahuasca.com and www.elpurguero.com both of which come up ok for 'ayahuasca centers iquitos' (and there is a lot of competition) How would you build these links then that is different from what I'm doing?
  21. I've been doing a mix of reciprocal link exchanges (not banner swaps etc) with related websites. And 3 way ones through an Indian SEO company (they approached me). It seems to be ok and these sites are coming up ok now. I've been gathering some links through this organisation: http://www.linkmarket.net/ Also noticed that some of my sites with a PR of 0 come up better than others with a PR of 2.... Why would that be?
  22. I use this website to find related websites for links: http://www.linkmarket.net/ Does anyone know of any others similar? Most of the ones that come up in Google searches are either paid for, or you have to install some spammy thing on your website.
  23. Does anyone know of any good websites or forums for people looking for related websites to exchange links with? I don't want to use these ones that ask you to install their code or upload their files to your server. I used to use these to quite good effect
  24. Has anyone managed to integrate it (mail chimp or similar) into the same form that they use to receive emails from their website?
  25. Thanks, Is that easy to integrate into a pre-existing contact form? By that I mean: is there an easy way to collect emails from a website and automatically add them to something like MailChimp without having to copy and paste each one manually

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.