Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cristebo

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Cristebo

  1. "Save for the web and devices" will save the images at the best quality for the web. Just be sure to have a good quality setted.
  2. Ok Web Guru, you do your job in your way, I do'it in my way That was my opinion and is about how I act. When I think about the speed of a website, I want to make the website to load faster for visitors, not for SEO and if a visitor consider that a website is loading fast, that Google will also consider the same
  3. So..this mean that you don't agree with what I said....my opinion..your opinion
  4. Well..it mean that I didn't made myself understood. Your speed load is not so important for SEO, it has impact, but a very tiny impact, as I said "is not essential for SEO" but this doesn't mean that don't matter for SEO. Jason, yes, the speed of a website is one of Google measurements, but is one of more than 200 which Google uses to rank your website. So, from a scale from 0 to 10, speed of your site is about 0,5% important With this test, one of my websites is loading in 20,58 seconds, from Amsterdam, but still rank on first page on Google.com, on a medium competition keyword with 22 000 exact searches. So, for me...this test.. is almost irrelevant.
  5. One of the most important skills that a web designer should have is Curiosity. A web designer must be curious to perform ..must be curious to be creative, must be curious.. because if it's curious it mean that he do his job with pleasure and satisfaction Curiosity is an essential skill because will keep him up to date and creative, in this way he will always have a response to the customer needs.
  6. The template from the right looks fine, but I have only one suggestion, at the bottom of the page, where visitors can select to browse to another pages by clicking that arrows, I suggest you to not leave them so rounded. The whole website have square corners, that rounded corners from the bottom of the page doesn't look good
  7. If you are not a specialist in web design, you can choose one wordpress template from the internet, free or paid, and after that, you have to pay someone to add that script to your website..I mean, you can make a page where people can leave their own review about a special product...this way is more cheaper than to pay a web design company to make the entire website. If you do some research, you can find that script page for review, for free...few weeks ago i was interested about this too, but I didn't saved the link. If I found it, I will reply here.
  8. A domain with your desired keyword in it, will definitely help you on a low competition keyword. But to rank for a high competition keyword, your domain name doesn't play such an important role, because on a high competition keyword there are many seo techniques used...techniques that make your domain name irrelevant
  9. The thing is that you don't be penalized by receiving links from another sites. The one who will be penalized is the website that will hide the link, because the visitor see a thing and the google robot see a different thing. Your site will be penalized only if someone report that thing to Google.
  10. From my point of view is better to have a website that will have all your attention than 10 websites that present no interest.
  11. As I see, the problem is that you have only few visitors per month, and you don't know exactly for what keywords to optimize your website. First of all think about what service you provide, and if you plan to run local is your decision and is a good decision if you don't have so much experience. So..-first step is - be sure about what service you provide -second step - Analyze them on Goole Adwords Keyword Tool If joomla plymouth have only 500 searches per month, is clear that you can't have more than 200 visitors monthly.
  12. I also can say that search engines love wordpress, some wordpress themes can have some problems and there your content can be viewed in source code at the bottom..but remember - this just one from hundreds of factors that Google care's about.
  13. Is realy NOT a good idea to spin your articles over and over again. If you don't find some nice website where to put your articles as a Guest Post, then select the most reputable article site's like squidoo, hubs, etc ..and post them there...The articles from your website must be different than those you put'it in the article directories.
  14. As I udnerstand is a new website, I really don't suggest you to buy links..yet. Start with some web directories using different description and different but relevant titles. Try to submit about 10 directories per day...and as a web designer you must have some friends with a website or something..propose them to give you a back link to your site..for a while....and put unique content to your website...the rest will came.
  15. Hi, I'm from Eastern Europe, I prefer to be known as Cristebo, I'm doing a little bit of design and... a lot of SEO ..as a full job
  16. if you keep it this way, without "www" I advice you to build your backlinks without using "www"....BUT...I recommend you to put the "www" there, it looks more professional and it will help you in the future
  17. Simple and clean...but from my opinion you should try another blue..or you can try that indigo color that facebook use it.
  18. The best thing you can do is to concentrate on exact match, and after this, the variations and phrase will came naturally.
  19. Almost all baklinks are good. This that you have received is good - having the value of 1 ...from a good backlink scale from 1 to 10...but is not a backlink which can represent a reputable SEO company
  20. This tool is ok just to know some information about your website, and so you will know if you need to improve your website speed load or not. The speed of your website is not essential for SEO, but is beneficial for visitors
  21. Meta Tag/ Alt does not improve your Page Rank. To improve your page rank you need to obtain good backlinks, from pages with authority and pr. I can guarantee you that if you have 10 links from pages with pr 3-4, at the nexr update you will have pr2. But you have to keep in mind that on the pages where you let your link, must not have too many links going outside of the page. For example if you comment on a pr 4 page, to receive some pr, that page is essentially to not have more than 5 comments.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.