Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Is there any relevance between domain name and SEO

Featured Replies

Hello SEO Master.. I am just read (it's maybe still hot topic for me) that is about "Relevance between domain name and SEO ).

 

What do you think ? any relevance between them ?

 

Sample :

 

My domain name is abcdefghijklmn.com and I write about medical for my blog. In terms of SEO can my domain name influential to my SEO ? (I know I have to use domain name which have similar word with my content) but in this room I want to know much more regarding this matter.

 

Thanks for all.

Edited by MikeChipshop
Title fixed

If your domain name contains key words your target audience will search for then it will help.

If your domain name contains key words your target audience will search for then it will help.

 

That is exactly right. I wish when I started my company I put more thought into keywords to make SEO easier. It isn't an a complete solution though, just a piece of the pie.

  • Author

That is exactly right. I wish when I started my company I put more thought into keywords to make SEO easier. It isn't an a complete solution though, just a piece of the pie.

hmmm.. that mean domain name not part of SEO? I can't believe it because when I search something from google the SERP (Search engine result page) include the domain name as part of their suggestion. Please see image below.

b327ff20b4d14a5092bed96.png

you can see that when I searching for "pelangsing" the domain name written bold like page title. metadescripion and keyword. What it's mean?

Looks like you've misunderstood, the domain name can have a big effect on your SEO, as you show if the worlds in the name are searched for the site should rank well if the rest of the site is up to scratch.

If you are using any keywords in the domain name will give you the ranking benefit of having the keyword in the domain name. For example, mysoftwaredesign.com.au will not have the same ranking effect for ‘software design’ as softwaredesign.com.au but it will rank for ‘my software design’. So always use the keyword's name for choosing the domain name not your company name or other. So I think so you have no confusion right now?

  • 4 months later...

A domain with your desired keyword in it, will definitely help you on a low competition keyword. But to rank for a high competition keyword, your domain name doesn't play such an important role, because on a high competition keyword there are many seo techniques used...techniques that make your domain name irrelevant

Yes they are usually relevant if you have same keywords and domain name. it might be more helpful with less effort brought more fruits.

exact match domains (emd's) will have a positive effect on rankings.

 

But it does depend on the extension, .co.uk emds rank a lot better then .org.uk emds.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.