Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

LeeB

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by LeeB

  1. Setting targets at the start of the day helps a lot. If you're disciplined enough to make yourself stick to them anyway. I'm in the process of moving from working for a big company to freelancing. Currently still employed part time, so the the more dedicated I am the sooner I get out. That's usually enough to keep me focused!
  2. Sounds like there's not enough horizontal space. Make sure that the width of the 3 divs +padding and margins < the total width of the containing div.
  3. Think it was permalink_structure in the wp_options table. Sounds like you've already checked that though.
  4. I can't off the top of my head unfortunately. I'll have a look and see if I can work it out.
  5. There was a good tutorial for creating a custom WP theme posted on web designer wall a couple of years back. Might be helpful. http://webdesignerwall.com/tutorials/building-custom-wordpress-theme
  6. I've had problems moving wordpress sites around before - when it last happened to me I had to delete a couple of rows from one of the DB tables that stored the permalink settings. Looks like you've already covered that though. You haven't got a cache plugin or anything running, have you?
  7. Agree with that. Think we're way past the stage where we need to worry about users who will struggle with anything over 8/900px wide. Many smaller designs can look lost on bigger/higher res screens.
  8. Quick hello from me. I'm Lee, a web developer in Newcastle upon Tyne. Looking forward to spending some time on here.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.