Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Breaking up my HTML for Wordpress

Featured Replies

Sorry guys I know this has probably been covered a hundred times before but I have been reading tutorials and watching Wordpress videos for hours and can't figure it out.

 

Please take a look at my HTML file for my static page. Is it ready to be converted to Wordpress? I am aware Wordpress looks for a header.php, sidebar.php, index.php, and footer.php. Which parts of my HTML go into which php files?

 

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I just can't find anything to get me started on this.

index.html

  • Author

OK guys I have got my HTML into a basic Wordpress theme.

 

http://www.prfect.co.uk

 

I have been instructed to try and make the page as dynamic as possible. Seems like a vague task but from what I've been reading I now need to make the menus dynamic and make the content dynamic so the client can type their own information.

 

Does anyone have any links to good tutorials for these tasks?

 

Please check my page at www.prfect.co.uk

Looking at your site, I'd go for something like this (see attachment). That is assuming you want the #main-image to appear on every page.

 

 

Have a look at this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

 

It goes through the basics of creating a theme and explains what you're looking to have in each file.

wp-files.zip

Edited by Spitfire

  • Author

Looking at your site, I'd go for something like this (see attachment). That is assuming you want the #main-image to appear on every page.

 

 

Have a look at this page:

http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Development

 

It goes through the basics of creating a theme and explains what you're looking to have in each file.

 

Thanks Spitfire.

 

I will give this a read.

  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.