Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Nathan

Privileged
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Nathan

  1. sounds like a nickname for a threesome with hookers lol or a lazy santa
  2. hello, and welcome
  3. welcome, nice to have you with us
  4. yeah, we call them chocolate mini rolls
  5. urm...... there is no mention of them haha. But i do want a choc digestive now... hmmmmm......
  6. yeah thats true, But it's found next to the biscuits Many people would say its a biscuit
  7. some interesting info there. great find.... I shall do some research into some of what's mentioned
  8. its a biscuit in the UK.... well its a cake.... well what is it? many people ask what weather its a cake or a biscuit, but It has been scientifically proven its a cake... All biscuits go soft when left out the wrapper and all cakes go hard, and that is what the jaffa cake does haha... Im full of useless info
  9. It was one of my first websites so didnt have a clue about widths and jazz. But the images fitted a browser window of an exact monitor resolution which I now know is very bad! but when the browser was moved or made smaller nothing broke but when the scroll bars activated then all hell broke loose... I have seen a few people with a similar problem so I though i would make the tutorial a while back
  10. thats just an example, I dont have the other site online. If i remember I will upload it on monday, its on the uni computer. It was a design made purely with graphics and it was crap to say the least but when ever it switched to a page that needed a scroll bar then the graphics would move and then one would be on top of another etc all very annoying things to a student that needs things to work perfectly haha.
  11. I remember a mate told me he done that with a corner shops own brand and it exploded, he had to pick jaffa cake of his microwave for a week apparently.
  12. yeah thats very true, I agree but at uni we have to make sure everything works in all browsers so I wasn't wanting to spend hours making IE look the same when I didnt get any more marks for either rewriting my code or doing something else. the dead line was tight so I experimented with heights lol... When you use it the websites shows a scroll bar but it wont allow it to move example (thats my simple layout, the grade wasn't for the design it was for the coldfusion code behind the scene's got a B+ which is good considering lol).
  13. if you create a layout based totally on exact measures then firefox may break your layout if your page goes over the normal height. I had to design a website for a uni project and this bugged me for a while as every thing moved out of place. It makes no difference to a user if scroll bars are there, as IE forces scroll bars on every page.
  14. great pictures, I love the angles and also the black and white colour gives it a great effect. Well Done
  15. haha just sent you an email, exactly on this topic lol.... SPOOKY!!
  16. is there not a part in the admin page? What forum script are you using?
  17. <div> <!--[if !IE]> --> <object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="file.swf" width="550" height="400"> <!-- <![endif]--> <!--[if IE]> <object classid="clsid:D27CDB6E-AE6D-11cf-96B8-444553540000" codebase="http://download.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,0,0" width="550" height="400"> <param name="movie" value="file.swf" /> <!--><!----> <param name="loop" value="true" /> <param name="menu" value="false" /> <p>This is <strong>alternative</strong> content.</p> </object> <!-- <![endif]--> </div> change the alternative to something meaningful and the file.swf to the name of the file.
  18. I have a few valid ways of using flash, if you want i can post them.
  19. the sites do look very similar. except kips has a huge gap as a footer instead of the links and neither validate which is ashame. but to be honest jake's design is better as it is more vibrant but Kips is still very good.
  20. The second site is very professional but as ErisDS mentioned the nav looks very weird. But other than that its great
  21. can you not use a flash media player similar to you tube just without the video? that doesn't stream but it does download while you watch. I've never really done any internet radio before.
  22. ah right lol... well once you get that sorted you will be able to edit the code

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.