Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Beavy

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Beavy

  1. Design = What you see on the webpage (layout) Development = coding which makes things work. As far as career ide say development because there are programs out there now to help you design a website and therefore there is less demand for a designer over a developer. Im currently the same as you. Ive finished college and want to go in to web work. I find development hard because the coding can be frustrating but some people don't find it difficult at all.
  2. Hello. Im currently working on a photography website for myself as photography is one of my hobbies. Im going to create a wordpress site but ide like to create my own theme. It shouldn't be to complex as its just to display my images and allow people to contact me. Ide like to create my own theme to keep it unique. Ive found a program which has good reviews called "Artisteer" and one called "Lubith" but I want to know what you pro designers/developers think Thanks
  3. Not sure if this is the correct section but here we go. Hello. I have just brought a domain name and im looking for some cheap hosting as it is a site for my photography hobby. Im looking at paying monthly and ide like the function to be able to install Joomla. Ive noticed a lot of hosting sites state the monthly price but you have to pay annually. Please recommend away.
  4. Hello. Not sure if this is the correct section. I am currently doing some voluntary for a community centre who also teach basic IT courses and they do have a few more advanced users associated with the centre. They seem to really like Joomla and web plus. What are your opinions on both of these programs? My role here is to work on the current site using Joomla. Im tempted to try one out at home to create my own site. Ive never used web plus but ive done some basic stuff with Joomla now.
  5. Beavy replied to Beavy's topic in General Chat
    Will be ordering the one from asda I think this week a long with a new 22" PC monitor.
  6. Beavy replied to Beavy's topic in General Chat
    Yeah im keeping my eye on that one from asda for £120
  7. Thanks for the comments again. I am re-doing it the coded way now. Same layout but thin nav bar and a more of a simple background. Will leave the busy backgrounds for now.
  8. Thanks porkchops. I did it in photoshop but im more experienced doing it the other way so im going to create the website using DIVs/CSS as normal then create the certain element in photoshop and just add them as I got along
  9. Thanks lads. Yeah I dont think the chrome effect works on a whole bar and I will make the bar thinner Ive just brought "web designer" mag which came with 140 brushes which will help me create backgrounds and should be a good read too.
  10. Meta tags / ALT tags? Try to put words on the site which people may search in to google.
  11. BF3

    Beavy replied to user-removed's topic in General Chat
    Ahh, my bad. I normaly have problems when gaming on the PC
  12. Hello. As you can guess im new to web design and im currently practising a lot. Im making a portfolio site which will hopefully help me get a job / show of my skills or lack of, lol. Please criticise my work so far. I know there needs to blue added to go with the navigation bar which im working on Changed to: Yes I have corrected the spelling mistake for "Current Projects"
  13. Nice man. Don't know if you know but im working on my portfolio site at the moment
  14. BF3

    Beavy replied to user-removed's topic in General Chat
    Have you tried to re-install? This is why I game on the xbox. lol
  15. Nice one bud. I need to download that in order to practice PHP
  16. Nice design man. Im currently planning a site for my portfolio
  17. Beavy replied to Beavy's topic in General Chat
    Well I was thinking with more practice I could use it professionally. Creating calenders etc... What about this? http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5596007.htm?cmpid=GG05X&_$ja=kw:nikon+l120|cgn:Bridge+digital+cameras%7c%7cNikon+coolpix+l120+14mp+digital+bridge+camera%7c%7c5596007|cgid:2089324005|tsid:13535|cn:NB%7c%7cS%7c%7cPPCPM%7c%7cProduct%7c%7cDigital+cameras|cid:67149645|lid:13605728346|mt:Broad|nw:search|crid:9521142285 1/2 price and I was recommended it by someone who owns one.
  18. Beavy posted a topic in General Chat
    Hello. As I do web design I was thinking of buying my own camera just after Christmas as it will come in very useful. Im understand camera's (abit) but don't know what to buy for my money. Im looking to spend up to £100/£120. You may say I don't need an expensive one as im a noob to it (I have taken pictures with my phone in the past but not for quality just memories) but the camera will need to produce high quality images as they will be used on websites. I have been recommended a DSLR second hand from ebay for my budget but do I really need a DSLR? Please recommend away. /Thanks
  19. Im just thinking I cant do everything, lol. Its like a car mechanic doesn't make his own car parts. Im a web designer not a photographer but it would be fun I guess. My mate has a canon 1000d and I just offered to buy it
  20. Thanks for the replies. I was thinking of may be getting my own camera just after christmas but I wouldnt want to go much over £100 with me being in a part time job and limited for cash as well as being my first camera.
  21. Hello again! I have a problem as im very limited for images to use on websites that I make for my self (Im currently making a portfolio site. I notice most images need to be paid for. Are there any sites that offer royalty free images? Is it worth signing up to a site like www.istockphoto.com and just paying for high quality just what I want images? /Beav
  22. If you can afford it maybe adobe dreamweaver but use code view and not design view. If not then notepad or notepad++ for coding. As for creating graphics I recommend Photoshop if you can afford it and I heard Corel is pretty awesome but these are expensive programs. I think sometimes you can get student copies. Not sure. To answer your other question people use different software. I found this thread: http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/26504-what-software-do-web-developers-use/page__pid__365041#entry365041 I know it says developers but some people do mention programs for creating and editing graphics.
  23. Hello. I have been playing about and want to make a website which contains my portfolio. I wanted a "chrome" effect for the navigation bar so I watched a few tutorials on how to do this. Ive basically done the effect where one shape covers 1/2 of the original shape and the opacity is adjusted to suit. However I showed my mum this effect and she didn't even think it looked chrome and the glossy button effect photoshop now offer actually does look chrome to her. I just made this thread to see what others think is the best way to create shiny effects. Feel free to post tutorial videos /Beav
  24. Rja, hope you don't look at this as thread stealing just want to ask this as it may benefit you too. Are there any magazines worth buying such as WebDesigner, Photoshop, .Net?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.