Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Which software should I use?

Featured Replies

Hey guys.

 

I bet you have probably heard this question plenty of times, but I have been searching for a while, and I have not come up with anything usefull yet.

 

.. I want to start designing websites, and in relation to that, I am looking for the right piece of software to develop my skills in. Is there a programme that everybody uses? Or do people have different preferences?

 

 

Thank you

If you can afford it maybe adobe dreamweaver but use code view and not design view. If not then notepad or notepad++ for coding. As for creating graphics I recommend Photoshop if you can afford it and I heard Corel is pretty awesome but these are expensive programs. I think sometimes you can get student copies. Not sure.

 

To answer your other question people use different software.

 

I found this thread:

http://www.webdesignerforum.co.uk/topic/26504-what-software-do-web-developers-use/page__pid__365041#entry365041

 

I know it says developers but some people do mention programs for creating and editing graphics.

I agree with Beavy, on a free (or non-existent) budget try notepad for html/css editing and Gimp for graphics. For a high-end budget Dreamweaver and photoshop.

 

I started out with notepad coding websites using trial and error. As time went on I got a copy of Dreamweaver and from there things took off, it's a great way to manage sites and every thing's nicely coloured so you can see what's going on. Again don't use the design view. Even when trying to preview anything you've just created Dreamweaver doesn't always display it correctly.. Best to stay on the source tab and preview in different browsers.

I started out with notepad coding websites using trial and error.

 

 

Notepad or Notepad++ ?

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.