Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

DesignArrow

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DesignArrow

  1. Does anyone think sales letters would get much of a return?
  2. Nathan Reynolds, cheers. I can see exactly where you're coming from. I think I would market as a "complete business service that include a domain, website and professional online e-mail.." Will be thinking about this...
  3. Anyone have any previous experience? Was considering sending sales letters offering a 'complete hosting solution' for small businesses without a website, or a website that needs improving.
  4. No, it doesn't. He asked for interactive maps... ^
  5. Just go to www.google.com/maps, find the address, then click the 'Link to this page' link on the right.
  6. I like it but I may have to uninstall it as 'Smart Bookmarks' plugin doesnt work
  7. Think I got it, thanks people!
  8. Would it be easy to create those bg images?
  9. Anyone know how I can achieve this? The red bit around the 'Blog' link at the top right... http://psdtuts.com/about
  10. Hey! Exactly, a right dilemma. I've just sat here brainstorming and added more.. I think I'll just add these and get started. Accounting Advertising Building Car Hire Car Repair/Parts Car Salesrooms Carpenters Central Heating Childcare Cleaners Computer Help & Repair Decorators Design Distribution & Haulage Double Glazing Driving Lessons Electricians Employment Services Estate Agencys Florists Funerals Garden Services Gyms & Health Clubs Hairdressers Insurance Jewelery Legal Locksmiths Office Equipment Partys Paving & Drives Photography Plasterers Plumbers Printing Services Removals / Skip Hire Security Solicitors Takeaway Food Taxi Services TV Repear Van & Truck Hire Web Design Weddings
  11. DesignArrow replied to a post in a topic in Server Side
    Including the guy who is arranging it for him and the chap that did the data input it has so far cost £6000. Now they're looking and SEO and PPC marketing and being quoted in the thousands... :S
  12. Bit of a wierd one.. I'm trying to arrange all the categories for a 'Business Directory'.. am I missing anything out? I've got to sort it out for a client, he wants to target businesses in his local city and offer them advertising in the specific category. I'm just wondering if there are to many categories or not enough.. :S Accounting Advertising Building Car Hire Car Repair/Parts Car Salesrooms Carpenters Childcare Computers Design Distribution & Haulage Driving Lessons Electricians Employment Services Estate Agencys Florists Funerals Garden Services Gyms & Health Clubs Hairdressers Insurance Jewelery Legal Office Equipment Partys Photography Plumbers Printing Services Removals Security Solicitors Takeaway Food Taxi Services Van & Truck Hire Web Design Weddings 36 What you reckon? He needs to be able to ring up businesses in these categories and hopefully sell them advertising, those are the categories I think he could potentially sell to. For example, he could ring up 'photographers' and offer them a listing in the 'Wedding' category. Also I've got to arrange how each category can be easily seen. What I may do is have a search option, a drop down menu, and then a big box for each category..
  13. DesignArrow replied to a post in a topic in Server Side
    Whatever you do, don't use Actinic. My friend has paid a few grand for this Actinic site, he has to update everything through there special downloaded software which constantly crashes.. orders take a few minutes to check and he can't edit the site easily to make small changes or add conversion and stat codes.
  14. Put your talents into something more profitable. Perhaps a service for affiliate marketeers. A lot of the expert affiliates are throwing that API acronym around.
  15. That site is seriously cool!
  16. I love that! You should create the design around that logo!
  17. I've been using it for a while now in Firefox and it seems okay. I did expect a little bit more feature wise.. at least it's not as bad as Yahoo Mail! And don't forget it's still not out of Beta, so they're answerable to nobody!
  18. DesignArrow replied to bennyboy7's topic in Server Side
    Hate to mention it again but I'd use Wordpress if you want to use RSS feeds, creating them yourself is hard work.
  19. Solved by..... Ben! Thanks a lot Ben and JMZ
  20. PM sent. Only problem now is big huge gap at the top in IE. God I hate IE so much. Wish EVERYONE used Firefox.
  21. Hey, Just wondering if anyone could help me with a problem I'm having. The site works perfectly in Mozilla Firefox but it's all over the place in Internet Explorer. Anyone around that could have a look? If you could just PM me, would really appreciate it.
  22. There is no way to do this. If I only wanted ONE person to read a document, I would just upload it somewhere and password protect the directory with there e-mail address and a password you send them. Then tell them you will be monitoring who logs in, and that only one log in is allowed.
  23. I really like that
  24. Perhaps the Firefox majority is down the the type of user your websites are attracting i.e. people interested in web design are going to be using Firefox.
  25. Easiest way would be Google AdWords.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.