Everything posted by Mark
-
setting a perm redirect for pages that dont exist?
bump! Mods, is this in the right forum?
-
setting a perm redirect for pages that dont exist?
is there a way of setting up a redirect for pages that dont exist? I have recently re-done a site and all urls are different now. its massive site so setting a re-direct for every page will take ages. is there a way of doing it so all urls that dont exist go to the homepage? thanks in advance.
-
Second Re-Design
My personal taste would be to change the purple buttons to green, like in tehi's idea. I still like your design though.
-
Designing a magazine
from my experience Indesign is 10 times more friendly that quark, and if you design suite premium cs3 then i'd advise using illustrator for artworking and design for layout and print files.
-
Second Re-Design
I like the concept, do you have a link to your other site that got shot down, would be interesting to compare
-
Nice font, whats yours?
helvetica Neue and Avant Garde Book & demi.
-
Biggest Hurdle to Freelancers/Small Biz
Hi Cats. It is very tough getting somewhere on ebay, its a much saturated market now, everyone seems to be selling everything, and with the cheap prices on amazon and other big players there's a lot of competition. My friend has done particularly well. Starting out 3 years ago in his parents home selling car parts like wheel trims, and other things on ebay. 3 years down the line he has just moved out of a small unit he was renting into a bigger newer facility and has employed another person and has also bought a house + nice Nissan pick up truck.
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
exactly my thoughts, but when you have seen it in excess of 20 times and you cant get something to work you start to curse a lil lol!!! He's a nice guy though!
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
lol yeah it works! finally, all that for a dodgy video! Im sure machine works fine! i wasnt playing with you tehe!
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
I cannot believe i have spent the whole day on this when the problem has been right under my nose! i guess looking at the screen too much does have an effect! I just took a 2 hour long bike ride, came back and seen the problem (rob helped, i just didn't read his post properly) There needs to be flash player file (flvplayer.swf) in the root directory in order for the video to play. Hands up, im an idiot, line up and punch me please! Time to light the BBQ and sip on a San Miguel! Thanks for the help
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
Hi Dizi, yeah i tested the php online. its not even working regardless to the file extension now haha! the link 'open/close top up cover' is linked to a file alien.flv in the folder 'gallery'. it should be showing the alien.flv file. the path is correct so it should be showing?
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
Rob.. this is ghey! i don't get that! for me the shadowbox opens up but the movie doesnt play. works fine with a.html file extension just not a .php . pulling my hair out over this as i cant get the rest of the site done until this is sorted.
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
hey guys. i think there is an issue with it not working when the file has a .php extension. I have a file index.html and it works when i want to open up a flv file, looks lovely. But when I have the file i.e index.php it doesn't load the flv file. just sits there blank, but the images with shadow box still work. its only the flv. the link is here Only on that page, in the left menu, the bottom item. open close top up cover. thanks
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
having some trouble getting it to work, it just loads up the file in a blank tab. hmm.
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
hmm, is there ayway to set the width & height of the box that opens? I am opening up a HTML file within the window as well.
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
thanks a bunch! its is visually the same as lightwindow, not sure about backend, as that didnt validate! will give shadowbox a go! fingers crossed! Thanks Dizi rachael: reason is the client unfortunately
-
I want to open a new window to play a flash video.
I have a flash movie id like to play in a new new window when a link is clicked. I was using some javascript but it wasnt validating. is there any way to do this? I also lookded at lightwindow but that wasnt validating either as it was using params and caption attributes Thanks for any help!
-
is this page dynamc or static php?
can i paste it in the footer include and it will work on every page?
-
is this page dynamc or static php?
the includes are basically footers and headers containing html that's it. The reason I am asking is because i want to put some google analytic code in the bottom of a site in an include. And on this link here it says there are two ways to do it for a dynamic or a static site.
-
is this page dynamc or static php?
A page that has a .php extension and is constructed of xHTML and basic php includes?
-
What would you do with a million pounds?
Id let my father retire, he works fulltime and is 70, Id sort my parents out a pay off their mortage, buy myself a sensible house and car and live off the rest of the interest and do full time freelance.
-
How do you pronounce Favicon and MySQL ?
lets have a poll
-
CSS menu appearing behind divs in IE
was just reading that link properly, very strange why it does that! So frsutrating when you get something perfect in FF then shut your eyes and open up IE only to find it needs changing! Oh the joys!
-
CSS menu appearing behind divs in IE
Thanks, ive done that, what issues was it creating just out of interest? I think I have may solved the css behind div issue, I put the navigation menu below the content in the code and floated it.
-
CSS menu appearing behind divs in IE
thanks for the help. it doesnt look like it has worked though! I came accross this issue a couple of years back and solved it, i have no idea how though,