Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

gobbly2100

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by gobbly2100

  1. Hi folks, I have a WHM server and full shell access and I believe I have optimized everything well but for some reason I just can't get to the bottom of an issue where all my domains that are using PHP/MySQL like Joomla have a high response time. I have a feeling it is related to MySQL or maybe Apache but I really can't work it out. If I ping the server directly is pings at around 50ms but as soon as I ping a site hosted on the server it takes 1000ms just to request the page. Any assistance would be much appreciated!
  2. Hi folks, I am working on a site and seem to be having a major issue with IE and z-index. If you visit this website and click the "Rewards Store" down the left hand column, it has a lightbox popup that creates an overlay but I cannot get the overlay to go behind the login box popup. www.allfix.co.uk Any assistance would be much appreciated.
  3. Hi folks, I am trying to finish the signup process to become a Google Apps reseller and I just need 8 more Google Apps users to add to my enrollment form. I don't need any usernames or passwords, it just asks for a support PIN number so if anyone is happy to help I would really appreciate it. I am also happy to provide support to anyone who has a Google Apps account or help anyone looking to sign up too. Thanks again!
  4. Hi folks, I seem to be having an issue with the overlay of a lightbox, I have tried changing the z-index on different elements but not having any luck. It appears the issue is in FF, IE and Chrome http://tellitphotoweddings.co.uk/?Itemid=154 Any assistance would be much appreciated, thanks!
  5. Hi guys, Great to read some very constructive thoughts, I would love to show you a few of my designs so you can comment, I appreciate your exact feedback however brutal and honest you may be! steppinoutacademy co uk shootstudios com evolvehairandbeauty com kentandsussexequine co uk /NEW The above are sites I think are my best but it was certainly a lot of work to get that far. I usually design about 5 or 6 designs for a site and think they are all rubbish until I finally get to something I can bring myself to use. I do enjoy getting better and hope I can improve further. I know a great design when I see one but it is so hard to replicate what is in my head. I am going to take your advice and read up on more principles of design and also check out those suggested websites. Thanks for the input guys!
  6. Hi folks, I have been developing websites for a fair few years now but I am never really that impressed with the quality of design and I really would love some help to becoming a better designer. I want to make great looking websites but need some good resources to teach me the real art of design and being creative. I would really appreciate any help in where is best to learn how to create cutting edge designs!
  7. Hi folks, I seem to be having trouble with a lightbox module on a Joomla website I have. When I click on a photo, the lightbox seems to have the dark background over the top of the image itself instead of behind. I assumed this is maybe a CSS z-index problem but I can't work it out. http://tellitphotoweddings.co.uk/weddings If anyone can help me find out what is causing the lightbox to do this it would be much appreciated, thanks in advance for any assistance!
  8. Hi folks, I have not really dived in to designing new websites with HTML 5 and CSS 3 in mind yet as I am simply unsure on where we are with it. If I start designing websites in HTML 5 and CSS 3, what do I need to do to be sure older browsers and devices still work correctly? It would be great to hear what others are doing and what others reccomend I do also. I have not tried much testing yet so any assistance on what I should be doing would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance for your replies!
  9. Hi folks, I have an SSL certificate which is associated with a server, however, I am transfering the website and need to transfer the SSL certificate if possible or do I need to purchase a new one? I got the SSL certificate free with some hosting I have with UK2.net Any assistance would be much appreciated, thanks!
  10. Hi there people, I have just transfered a website that is built with "Expression Engine" and for some reason the theme has been lost when I restored it to the new location. I have checked the most obvious things like path locations etc and all appears fine, is there anything special I need to do when transfering a website built with Expression Engine? Thanks in advance for any assistance!
  11. Hi there folks, Nice to find a newv web design forum to hang out as I have not been using them for a while now. I look forward to helping others and also others helping me back as this is what makes the web an even better place. I am a freelance website designer based on the south coast of the UK so keeping involved with a community like this one will help me keep on top of all the latest developments and be sure I'm producing good quality work.
  12. That's ok kree8or, I didn't think you were being funny, thank you for your suggestions!
  13. Thank you very much MarkoPolo for your suggestions, I have actually now implemented them all as I think they were very constructive. Changed headings from grey Changed active tab colour Links are now different colour from headings Fixed IE8 Scrollbar issue Made list fonts consistent with paragraphs Also kree8or, I am a freelance web designer and I sometimes go under the name of Bluenote Solutions. Really appreciate the feedback and please let me know if you have any further suggestions for me. Thanks!
  14. Hi folks, Just put together a new wedding photography website and wanted to get some constructive feedback to try and improve the design and layout. http://tellitphotoweddings.co.uk I am having a mental block how I could really sharpen the site and make it feel much more elegant etc, feels like it needs a professional touch! Thanks in advance for any feedback and suggestions!
  15. That works perfectly, thank you very much for that!
  16. Hi folks, I am having an issue with the background not dimming when using a lightbox. It appears to only be broken in Firefox, it all works fine apart from the background not dimming. http://www.urbanartistsoap.com/gallery?view=album&album=5782252505130265633&page=1 Any assistance would be much appreciated, thanks!
  17. Thank you, that worked perfectly!
  18. Hey folks, I am trying to look for a tutorial that can assist in fluid menu items and wondered if anyone here could help? The HTML is <ul class="menu"> <li class="item-101 current active"><a href="#"><span>Home</span></a></li> <li class="item-102"><a href="#"><span>About</span></a></li> <li class="item-103"><a href="#"><span>Blog</span></a></li> <li class="item-104"><a href="#"><span>Contact</span></a></li> </ul> Essentially, I want to have a background that stretches depending how long the menu item/title is. All I know is that I need to put one background on the A tag and the other background image on the SPAN tag but what are the other important properties to also make sure it works in all the major browsers. Any assistance would be much appreciated, thanks!
  19. I like it, I notice the blue is different in both the attached images which I am not sure is supposed to be the case. I prefer the blue in the second picture down if you wondered.
  20. I have a dedicated server that is setup to only allow certain ip addresses to connect to FTP/WHM and Shell. I have now noticed my ISP uses dynamic ip addresses which obviously is an issue. Are there any services out there that I can use like a proxy that will have a static ip address? Initially just being able to access WHM via a web browser would be good enough, I just need to have a static ip solutions. Thanks in advance for any help!
  21. Hey folks, I am looking for a new home to start being my new web hangout so I look forward to getting involved with everyone here. I run a small web design business and talking with like minded people is always good. Well anyway, I look forward to setting up camp here!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.