Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What are the world's most popular websites?

Featured Replies

What do you think are the worlds most popular websites?

 

I would say Google and Youtube are up there, what in your opinion are the top players out there?

 

DK :)

hmm I don't know, I'm not a big fan of those over popular websites, I tend to visit small/normal community websites and websites that really have content I'm interested in, youtube's content is sometimes fun but nothing I regularly want to visit.

 

Wildo

Alexa has a top sites list. ;)

 

I use Myspace and Youtube a lot.

dont forget eBay :friends: and WDF :friends:

The sites I use the most, apart from this one of course are:

 

www.google.com as well as googlemaps

www.bbc.co.uk

www.ebay.co.uk

 

Not a day goes by without using them all!

I used to use BBC.co.uk a lot and ebay but ive not been on them in ages.

 

The news and stuff bores me, well it is at the moment.

I use the BBC site everyday for the weather forecast and for the radio - listen again is great! hardly use for the news.

I only used listen again a few times. but since i moved to my dads i don't get to hear in the new music coz my dad listens to radio 2. so i have to look for my own music which is kind of fun really. Drum and Bass and Indie / Indie rave is my style at the moment.

 

I'm thinking of starting a website on new and unsigned upcoming bands i think it would be fun.

I use the iGoogle trhingy too, about 3 hours a day I spend on there.

 

It shows me the weather, my to do list, some random notes, the news from the world, the web design world, and the land rover world, new posts on a few of my favourite forums, and has that new theme selection which changes depending on time of day and weather in my chosen geographical location. :good:

cromo - you should try www.pandora.com!

 

Thanks.

 

I tried it but it didn't av a few bands i liked on it. Shame.

  • 1 month later...

I cant stop digging now either :clapping: :clapping:

  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
cromo - you should try www.pandora.com!

 

wow! Thats such a cool idea :) *faves it*!

 

As for popular sites, I think BBC, Google and MSN (only due to hotmail) are popular.

 

Other popular sites would probably me social-networking ones - none of which I ever sign up too - and youtube, miniclip, ebay and amazon.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.