Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Animated Logo Software Recomendations

Featured Replies

Someone has asked me about creating an animated logo for their youtube channel. So I'm on the hunt for some software. Any recommendations? I've looked at some, but the massive difference in cost and with the large amount of free stuff... I'm not sure what to go with.

  • Author
Just now, BrowserBugs said:

Um, had a look at Blender?

That was the first one I found when I searched it. I've always been a fan of open source, but I keep getting told paid for is better. I think I'll give this a go first.

 

3 minutes ago, Stooly said:

That was the first one I found when I searched it. I've always been a fan of open source, but I keep getting told paid for is better. I think I'll give this a go first.

 

Paid i'd say Adobe Premier. Or Avid Media Composer.

Edit: Doh, so many edits. If you have the full Adobe Suite it's included.

Edited by BrowserBugs

2d or 3d? some animation is possible in css/svg too -even some 3d. I've just started learning blender and it's quite a steep learning curve.

a lot of it depends on what  kind of animation they're after -like 3d movements - scaling rotating, flipping, light effects, exploding etc. there's also After Effects (adobe)  

 

our 3D guy at work uses blender and it you can make some impressive stuff with it - I'm still on the first tuts making a doughnut :) for you or anyone interested in leaning blender i can recommend this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VT5oZndzj68&index=1&list=PLjEaoINr3zgHs8uzT3yqe4iHGfkCmMJ0P

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.