Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

How do I force a Retina display to use CSS Pixels and ignore Device Pixels

Featured Replies

I have limited CSS skills so I am working outside my comfort zone.

 

I am trying to make a smaller screen eg iphone display a different background (with overlaid images) than appears on a larger device. Image content is different, not just a smaller version of the larger image.

 

This works fine when I set screen width to eg 320px on desktop, but devices with retina display are loading larger images.

 

Is there a global method to force the device to ignore the device pixels (preferably for all images and text) so eg an iPhone3 and iPhone4 (retina) will both load the same 320px wide image + other images.

 

If no global command what can I do with each background and other images get the outcome I want?

 

I am not concerned about any pixelation on retina diaplsy.

 

Thanks ColinK

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.