Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What's the best FTP software to use?

Featured Replies

Hi,

 

I am currently using dreamweaver to update my website, but am now looking to build a stand alone FTP Client to use so I can change permissions on files and folders amongst other things.

 

There's so many FTP products out there, can someone suggest a good program to use please?

I use Filezilla from Mozilla - tis good because it handles SFTP (Secure FTP) which one of my hosts insists on. :)

I like FireFTP which is a (free) firefox extension that you can find here.

Otherwise, if you work on mac Cyberduck is B R I L L I A N T

 

Oli

fireFTP is THE best FTP progrmme I have ever used, I've had it for about 6 months, its unrivaaled for quality, value e.t.c

 

To this day I have found no bugs :clapping::friends::diablo:

I use cuteFTP for the PC and Transmit on the Mac - never heard of cyberduck - that sounds cool!

  • Author

Thanks very much for the advice, i'm a Firefox 2.0 user so having something integrated would be ideal, i'll have a look at all the suggestions and see what I like best, thank you very much. :clapping:

I've always used CuteFTP... Don't know why but I have no need to change it.

did you ever watch Sesame Street? I've got the 'Rubber Duckie' song going round my head now...

 

rubber duckie you're the one

you make bathtime lots of fun

ruber duckie I'm awfully fond of you....

  • 2 weeks later...

i use Fetch for mac because it has a reali simple layout.

 

ive used filezilla before but i dont like the layout to cluttered.

i used smartFTP back in my windows days but i wasn't web designing then lol.

I like FireFTP which is a (free) firefox extension that you can find here.

Otherwise, if you work on mac Cyberduck is B R I L L I A N T

 

Oli

 

you should look at that cromo if you're on a mac...

 

Oli

i tried Cyberduck but i couldn't work it.

 

but i no wat i was doing wrong with it now so i might check it out. it has a widget as well to doesn't it? ;)

Fetch for me too...

 

Not as much fun as the duck but the Dog is okay

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.