Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dead hosting - what can I do?

Featured Replies

Hey,

 

i've used https://www.latehosting.com for a pretty long time with no issues. Have a few VPS there.

 

Now, i wanted to ask support because one of the servers is down. I have no answer for 4 days already, i'm afraid that service is down. Ok, **** happens but what's with all my data, files, dbs?

 

Any idea what can I do now?

Welcome to the forums.

 

Did you try all avenues of communication? they have live chat, email and support tickets...

 

If your confidence in them has gone then it's probably time to consider moving hosts, you'll probably have to migrate your data from your backups.

  • Author

Nobody can contact them, not only me. Live chat is always offline, ticket system also. It's crazy.

 

Yeah, backups are on the servers, so I have not data at all.

 

I don't have access to one of the servers.

I know it doesn't help but you're dealing with a company with no phone number.

 

That should have been more than enough signal to avoid them!

  • Author

Yep, i've found a way to get my data out of server. So i'm doing that and moving to more famous company:)

 

TAGS FOR GOOGLE

scam late hosting problems latehosting.com latehosting.co.uk avoid

Just move away as you are doing, looks like another fly by host just died, thank god.

Always do you due diligence when selecting a web host. Ask yourself questions like how long they've been around? How many people do they employ? Are they a "real" business (i.e. registered at companies house, VAT registered, etc)?

 

The second rule is you can never have too many backups.

 

Good luck.

Hi,

 

I am glad you were able to recover your data. I hope that other people who are in the same situation have done the same. I agree with the fact that you can never have too many back ups.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.