Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Site resign feedback :3

Featured Replies

I would love some feedback on the new design for a website, DragoArt. This is official, so I would love it if you would all judge as if it was the final product :3

 

DragoArt - Redesign

I saw it like a wordpress theme about comic. And I find that it is a good design, the content is delivered to users well. If I were a search on your site, make sure I will find what I need. Wish you success

  • Author

I saw it like a wordpress theme about comic. And I find that it is a good design, the content is delivered to users well. If I were a search on your site, make sure I will find what I need. Wish you success

Thank you :3

It's looks alright :)

 

Are you going to set a max-width for it? Is it responsive? I'd prefer a live version but it looks like something easy to navigate around and clearly presented. Not so sure about the logo itself or the colour - it doesn't work for me, but that doesn't really mean anything. Far from constructive criticism ;)

 

I was confused at first as I thought you redesigned DeviantArt - then I thought you were from ThemeZilla (Orman Clark fame). I think I know where I am now though. Going to look up DragoArt as it's caught me eye now...

Hi :)

 

It's a nice design, I like it.

 

I think you can make it more interesting - I would have attracted more attention to the illustrations (as they are lovely). What I mean is maybe present them in a way similar to this - http://thepremiumthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/codangy.wordpress.theme.wp.yellow.masonry.template.download.jpg

 

Other than that, I think it's nice, but somewhat lacks personality - there are too many similar sites out there.

 

Hope that helps and good luck :)

Hey :)

 

Really nice layout, the only thing that gets me is the colour - I keep wanting to see gradient black instead of blue.... just my opinion though :)

 

Nice work.

I completely agree with teodora, your website need some more style with the post data.

 

Look for something more modern, like teodora showed you.

Think about the modern ui from Windows

 

Cheers :B

  • Author

It's looks alright :)

 

Are you going to set a max-width for it? Is it responsive? I'd prefer a live version but it looks like something easy to navigate around and clearly presented. Not so sure about the logo itself or the colour - it doesn't work for me, but that doesn't really mean anything. Far from constructive criticism ;)

 

I was confused at first as I thought you redesigned DeviantArt - then I thought you were from ThemeZilla (Orman Clark fame). I think I know where I am now though. Going to look up DragoArt as it's caught me eye now...

It has a max width, yes :)

The client wasn't so sure about the colours, as well. He thinks it still needs some tweaking, and tweaking is what I will do.

 

 

 

Hi :)

 

It's a nice design, I like it.

 

I think you can make it more interesting - I would have attracted more attention to the illustrations (as they are lovely). What I mean is maybe present them in a way similar to this - http://thepremiumthemes.com/wp-content/uploads/codangy.wordpress.theme.wp.yellow.masonry.template.download.jpg

 

Other than that, I think it's nice, but somewhat lacks personality - there are too many similar sites out there.

 

Hope that helps and good luck :)

Thank you, and I will try to make it look unique :)

 

Hey :)

 

Really nice layout, the only thing that gets me is the colour - I keep wanting to see gradient black instead of blue.... just my opinion though :)

 

Nice work.

Thank you :3

 

looks very nice :D

Once again; thank you xD

  • Author

I completely agree with teodora, your website need some more style with the post data.

 

Look for something more modern, like teodora showed you.

Think about the modern ui from Windows

 

Cheers :B

Yes, but the client likes it like that. I told him a million times to change it :/

He's an adult, and I guess he doesn't understand the teenage style. Sad, really.

Yes, but the client likes it like that. I told him a million times to change it :/

He's an adult, and I guess he doesn't understand the teenage style. Sad, really.

 

That sucks, well I think if you can go with style of the web, in this case is that kind a modern ui and responsive webdesign, then you already have a step forward on your competitors.

 

Hell yea, client is king soo..

Edited by Row

  • Author

That sucks, well I think if you can go with style of the web, in this case is that kind a modern ui and responsive webdesign, then you already have a step forward on your competitors.

 

Hell yea, client is king soo..

Yeah... he says that changing the design from what people are use to can lose traffic.

Yeah... he says that changing the design from what people are use to can lose traffic.

 

Yea, but you won't get more, because it looks old.

 

A new design can be promoted and increase the number of visits in the first few weeks.

Promotion is then an important factor, but also fun to do :D

  • Author

Yea, but you won't get more, because it looks old.

 

A new design can be promoted and increase the number of visits in the first few weeks.

Promotion is then an important factor, but also fun to do :D

I KNOW! THAT'S WHAT I TRY TELLING HIM!

I KNOW! THAT'S WHAT I TRY TELLING HIM!

 

Hehe, maybe it's an idea to get some opinions from others and put it all together in a small report for your client. Then he can see the reaction of other people around this big world :)

 

Good luck ;)

  • Author

Hehe, maybe it's an idea to get some opinions from others and put it all together in a small report for your client. Then he can see the reaction of other people around this big world :)

 

Good luck ;)

I will do that. It sounds like a great idea. This will be one report xD

I will make a graphical poll graph, and then show him. First: I must finish this prototype xP

  • Author

Looks much better :) I guess you can sell it on ThemeForest or GraphicRiver, or even here on the forum.

 

 

Looks awesome!

 

You probably could sell it on http://themeforest.net

 

Good luck

 

Thank you, guys, for your great help :)

  • Author

I have made a new design for the client, and he loves it. He told me he wanted the same old DragoArt, but with a "New" feeling, so here is what I gave him. What do you guys think?

DragoArt - Vegas Red

Nice design, i'm still not in over the colors... I think they are too standard, you might want to give the site some more basic colors instate of all different colors, but that is my opinion

 

Good job for the layout ;)

  • Author

Nice design, i'm still not in over the colors... I think they are too standard, you might want to give the site some more basic colors instate of all different colors, but that is my opinion

 

Good job for the layout ;)

The client wants the colours to stay the same as the original. He wants primary mixed with some complimentary.

  • Author

Well then I would say consider it done ;)

Thank you :3

You have been great help :D

There have been some colour changes with the layout. I hope you like it more than the other!

 

DragoArt Redesign

 

Much better, less colors, this create some more equality :)

I think you are getting closer to a more modern look.

 

I have to say when I saw the first design you put the primary colour mix can look like its aimed at a younger audience (just an opinion).

 

May seem like a silly question but who is the intended audience.

 

Just a suggestion, but I think as the artwork adds colour to the overall design I think less prominent colour scheme may help emphasise the content.

  • Author

Much better, less colors, this create some more equality :)

Thank you so much :3

 

I think you are getting closer to a more modern look.

 

I have to say when I saw the first design you put the primary colour mix can look like its aimed at a younger audience (just an opinion).

 

May seem like a silly question but who is the intended audience.

 

Just a suggestion, but I think as the artwork adds colour to the overall design I think less prominent colour scheme may help emphasise the content.

DragoArt is aimed toward teenagers.

Wow with the red. What I like here that it can be easily navigated. Just don't know what to do with the extremely long search bar. And seems you page is a long one, why not add a simple nav menu at the footer?

  • Author

Wow with the red. What I like here that it can be easily navigated. Just don't know what to do with the extremely long search bar. And seems you page is a long one, why not add a simple nav menu at the footer?

Thank you for the tip, and the site will have a footer menu. It'll be added as soon as I finish the focal point of the design.

nice look, lot of colors but I think that could fit to many design projects.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.