Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Validating round corners with XHTML 1.0 & CSS 2.1

Featured Replies

Hi all,

 

It's been a while since I've been on here and I'm sure things have changed a lot. Hopefully some of the old warriors are still on here. Hope everyone is good. Anyway enough of the small talk here's my deal;

 

I have a task set for me which is non-changeable. No- I cannot use CSS3. Yes- it has to validate to XHTML 1.0 & CSS 2.1!

 

I have produced Thumbnails, Sketches, Lo Fi Wireframes, Hi Fi Wireframes and of course the Screen Designs. The next step of course is for me to build the site however there are some tight restrictions which clash with the build ability of my site as mentioned above. I am using a white rectangular box with 6px round edges with a 4px outer glow on each edge for the content areas. The issues which are causing me problems when validating are:

  1. The way I produce the round edges with CSS
  2. The drop shadow/outer glow effect with CSS on these boxes

So I've come up with a solution of slicing the Screen Design up into multiple images in Photoshop, saving these images to web to keep the file size down and setting as the background image for each relating div. It's worked and validated, but what I want to know is- Is there any other way of achieving this given my boundaries? And/or will this method cause me any problems..?

 

Regards,

Craig

  • Author

Wow. Don't all rush at once. :good:

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.