Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Changing nameservers on GoDaddy without interfering with email

Featured Replies

Hey Guys!

 

Right, I'm a bit of a newbie on GoDaddy, it's the customers' choice!

 

I need to change the nameservers to my 123-reg hosting, but can I do it without affecting the email that's currently in place?

 

I can't see any extra email packages added on at GoDaddy, so I'm confused as to where the email is hosted.

 

Probably obvious, but would rather make sure!

 

Thanks!

 

Matt

If you're unsure then, follow sash's advice and contact GoDaddy's support team.

 

If you're feeling adventurous then have a look here:

http://support.godaddy.com/help/article/680/managing-dns-for-your-domain-names

 

You'll need to manually change the DNS records for your domain. The MX records control the email so don't touch them. The ones you're interested in are the A and CNAME records. You'll need the IP address for your 123-Reg hosting and probably have to add the domain somewhere in the 123-Reg control panel so it recognises it when you start pointing traffic towards it.

Hey Guys!

 

Right, I'm a bit of a newbie on GoDaddy, it's the customers' choice!

 

I need to change the nameservers to my 123-reg hosting, but can I do it without affecting the email that's currently in place?

 

I can't see any extra email packages added on at GoDaddy, so I'm confused as to where the email is hosted.

 

Probably obvious, but would rather make sure!

 

Thanks!

 

Matt

 

Hi Matt,

 

You will be able to see where the email is by checking out the domain name's DNS and seeing where the MX records currently point. Our support staff is top notch, so if you still have questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to them via phone or email.

  • Author

Thanks guys!

 

I figured it out! Had to change the nameservers to GoDaddys...

 

Then change the A Record to the 123-reg hosting package, set the MX record to the current one.

 

Thanks again! :)

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.