Sign in to follow this  
Penn

Biased Results on Google

I couldn't really think of a suitable title so I better explain exactly what I mean. I have got a Google account so I can access AdSense, analytics etc etc. I've come to realise search queries on Google when looking for your own websites can sometimes give you biased results. In other words, let's say you're searching for a particular article on your website to see how well it's doing, you are really happy the find yourself on the first page of Google. However, when other people search for the same page, they don't get the same results as you. I have now come to believe that when researching and testing websites that you have created, make sure that you don't search when you are signed into your Google account. I'm a dedicated Firefox user, however when I am testing I always use Google Chrome, the search results are dramatically different to what I find when I signed in using Firefox, in other words I believe it's giving me the true such findings which is obviously a lot more helpful.

Yes, if logged into Google you will get custom results.

Thanks for clarifying that, I was pretty sure that was what was happening

Can you do me a quick favour, will only take a few seconds?

Do a search forThe following an Google Chrome and tell me which is the first website

Accessible ponds Torbay

Joystick steering for cars

I would be interested to know if you get the same result as I am getting. I won't tell you what my website is, if you could just post it.we can then see if my theory is correct. Thanks

Do a search forThe following an Google Chrome and tell me which is the first website

Accessible ponds Torbay

I would be interested to know if you get the same result as I am getting. I won't tell you what my website is, if you could just post it.we can then see if my theory is correct. Thanks

A quick. Use a free online proxy such as hidemyass.com and load up google.co.uk. Then do your searching.

Use google web master tools, it can give you a good idea of what keywords and phrases are being used to find your site, how many impressions it gets from them, the click through rate and also the average position that you display at for them. Its quite useful in getting non-bias answers to your true positions.

Accessible ponds Torbay

OK for Accessible ponds Torbay, I get this has the first listing: www dot tetraplegicliving dot com. Interestingly this thread is in second position.

And for Joystick steering for cars, I get 2 links to youtube vids then: www dot tetraplegicliving dot com.