Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

What else can I do to improve this website?

Featured Replies

Hi everyone, thank you for reading my post.

 

I would be grateful to receive some honest feedback on my website:

www.submitmytax.co.uk/lander_1.php

 

Even better if you could provide some quick tips on how to make this design look better, cleaner and sleeker. My ultimate aim is to create a corporate Facebook look but I know that it is still very very far away. Thank you so much for your time.

a quick reply cause I really schould start with my laundry :p, but what I noticed right away was that you could use some more padding left of the featured experts section on the home page.

  • Author

a quick reply cause I really schould start with my laundry :p, but what I noticed right away was that you could use some more padding left of the featured experts section on the home page.

 

Thanks, I look forward to hearing from you more.

It's very bland and drop shadows don't do it any favours. I'd try giving it some personality.

I agree about the drop shadows, it's just to much.

My opinion is you have to do something about the UI. The navigation is not clear, it's small and all over the place. When you click another page, the blue bar with more navigation appears, it's a bit confusing. You could keep the design more consistent by keeping the login fields on every page.

Also the question mark on the 'ask the expert' page scared me a bit :p a bit overwhelming.

I'm sorry about all the critique, but I hope it helps you.

One more thing: what about the 'send' button on contact page, 'verzenden'. Foutje misschien? hihi

A few things that jumped out at me:

 

1) Get rid of the drop shadows. They are not adding to the design imho

 

2) The surround on the box is not necessary in my opinion. I understand that you want to show this as part of the tabs at the top, but I think the tabs with a nice underline and then the content below would look better than the surround.

 

3) The logo needs work as this sets the tone and I'm not sure it really works at the moment.

 

4) Look at your colours and spacing as has already been mentioned.

 

I hope that helps and good luck with it :)

  • Author

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated.

 

I think I will start it all again with a white blank background. By the way, if I want to have a glossy white background is it just a matter of setting the background to white?

Just like the white background in this website: http://www.myfonts.com/

  • 1 month later...

My biggest problem is not knowing where to look. My eyes keep bouncing around and it took me a while to figure out what I was looking at. Also I’m not a big fan of the logo, it feels too forced and just doesn’t attract my attention.

  • 2 weeks later...

Yellow, red and about 6 different shades of blue. A little consistency with the colouring would be good. Definitely needs some work. Maybe too much text on the home page

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.