Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Love this page

Featured Replies

I am new to the forum and I hope this is not in bad taste to ask help in making a page like the one I am in love with. The page can be found at Brooksengland.com http://www.brooksengland.com/ It is the opening page. I can get all the elements except how do you place the image of the seat, it does not appear to be a background image? This is a great look and it gets away from the template look of so many sites. I did notice that a lot of elements have absolute in the position category. The books that I have for my quest of self teaching Dream Weaver say not to use AP DIvs . Are the elements on this page AP Divs. Please advise me if I am out of protocol or in the wrong forum for these questions. Thanks in advance

John

Key West Fl

ps Is a splash page a term used for opening pages such as this? I could not find a lot on splash pages in tutorials?

it's a background image. have a look in their css files

The image is a background image like mentioned above. If you're using chrome try right clicking and choosing inspect element, it puts the site css in a very easy to read format so you can see how everything is being done.

 

As for splash pages, they're very outdated as people started to realise the conversion rate drops as soon as you put a splash page up. Imagine you find a site through Google, you're not going to click around 1 specific site looking for what you want, if it's not right in-front of you then you'll go to the next result.

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.