Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Web Designer Forum

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Host Papa

Featured Replies

Hello,

 

as a new web desiger/developer I need some hosting in order to practice some PHP and get my first website live. I have done quite abit of research and Host Papa seem brilliant. They get 9.5/10 in total in most reviews if not higher and price seems ok. Any recomendations/reviews?

 

EDIT: Just seen ipage which also look brilliant

~Thanks

Edited by Beavy

Hello,

 

as a new web desiger/developer I need some hosting in order to practice some PHP and get my first website live. I have done quite abit of research and Host Papa seem brilliant. They get 9.5/10 in total in most reviews if not higher and price seems ok. Any recomendations/reviews?

 

~Thanks

 

Why not download xampp or wamp and test locally

http://www.apachefriends.org/en/xampp.html

http://www.wampserver.com/en/

 

Pat

What reviews are you reading? Not those sponsored ones surely?

Any reason you want to host your site in Canada of all places?

 

Wouldnt you prefer fast reliable UK servers and being able to call somebody local?

 

Also, if your first website is aimed at customers, such as a portfolio or website for your work/design skills, you would want it to load promptly if people in the UK are trying to view it, rather than having it load from Canada...

 

It will also hurt any search engine rankings too if your aiming it at the UK, yet hosting it abroad, as search engines like to return results to people that are closest to the ones doing the searching.

Edited by wesh.co.uk

  • Author

What reviews are you reading? Not those sponsored ones surely?

Any reason you want to host your site in Canada of all places?

 

Wouldnt you prefer fast reliable UK servers and being able to call somebody local?

 

 

Ahh, my bad. Any recomendations for UK hosts?

Not recommending on any of my personal experience, however recommending based on the reviews that I have read... Take a look at wesh.co.uk and you should be in good hands..

Good luck!

I offer hosting from as little as 99p per month! It would be perfect for you and your first website.

Have a look at www.ToddHosting.com.

 

I am currently offering a free domain with any plan except the basic plan. (Terms apply) PM me if you want to discuss further

Edited by itodd

All those reviews of Hostpapa are sponsored reviews ..not true reviews. Read there reviews on webhosting forum and other true review sites live reviewcentre , freeindex, ratepoint.

  • Author

All those reviews of Hostpapa are sponsored reviews ..not true reviews. Read there reviews on webhosting forum and other true review sites live reviewcentre , freeindex, ratepoint.

 

Yeah, did read some and they don't seem brilliant. I might keep it local and go with one of the hosts here. As it is my first site I want to keep it under £5 a month really.

  • Author

Any program you recommend for making databases? At college we use access but I know there is a lot of people to prefer not to use access for databases.

  • Author

I offer hosting from as little as 99p per month! It would be perfect for you and your first website.

Have a look at www.ToddHosting.com.

 

I am currently offering a free domain with any plan except the basic plan. (Terms apply) PM me if you want to discuss further

 

 

Ok bud, do you have any reviews I could read about toddhosting?

  • 2 weeks later...

I was with HostPapa, but they charge stupidly more than JustHost, and JustHost seems a lot better, plus for the same plan, I get more and for less!

 

Http://www.justhost.com

I was with HostPapa, but they charge stupidly more than JustHost, and JustHost seems a lot better, plus for the same plan, I get more and for less!

 

Http://www.justhost.com

 

But I doubt if you have good latency to your websites since both Hostpapa and Justhost have their servers in US and not in UK.

Create an account or sign in to comment

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.